Island Racing Holeshot kit doesnt work for GP800R??

I ordered the holeshot kit from Island Racing last night and he told me that the kit doesn't work for the 800. I'm alittle confused because everyone is saying that the 800 benefits the most from the holeshot mod. Can someone explain why it wont work?

Banned User
    +1
    The parts to install one on a GP800R were discontinued 15 years ago.

Is there a technical explanation possibly??

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum3478 View Post
    Is there a technical explanation possibly??
    You can try contacting Jetworks and asking if they can fab up the kit needed to fit your 800.
    http://www.newportjetworks.com/contact/

Technical explanation? The GP800r has a different exhaust setup than the GP1200/1300 due to the lack of a piston.

Thanks. I just took a closer look at everything. It looks like the issue is the 800 has a rubber exhaust hose after the spacer/gasket. In theory, could I replace rubber exhaust pipe right before the waterbox with a piece of straight pipe and drill/tap a fitting for the water supply after the block off gasket? Am I on the right path or totally wrong?

totally wrong. Its a huge billet adapter that goes on the end of the stinger. You need to block off the water extiting the stinger and you need a water in and out at the end, with a drill and tap brass barb on the pipe as well. I had one of the last ones jet works had on the shelf back in 2007. Did work really well but gonna be extremly tough to find one these days. Lastly you domt even use the oem rubber coupler you would of bought a gates hose tommate stinger to water box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	356674   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	56 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	356675   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	49 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	356676  

7. +1 by:

WFO

How is that adapter attached to the stinger? I have access to a cnc lathe and I could probably make one fairly easily.

its a 2 piece design. Part bolts to stinger then rest screws one covering the flush mount bolts. I forget how exactly the 2 pieces look by them selves thats all the pics I still had sorry.

+1
    Basically you need to stop the stock water flow into the waterbox. The water still needs to flow out of the pipe (tapped nipple) for cooling but gets dumped overboard instead of going through the waterbox. Then the jetworks valve gets plumbed to another nipple AFTER the restriction you installed to disrupt stock waterflow. This allows water to flow at higher rpm into the box for cooling, but keeps the box dry at lower rpm after the valve closes again. If you have the ability to fab something these are the end results you're looking for. For historical reasons, "the cats out of the bag"...you guys from the Riva forum days should know what I mean.

11. +1 by:

WFO

Thread Information