Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Picking up the ski today!

Besides being excited, is their anything I should look for when getting the ski? It's a new left over supposedly left in crate, hopefully no scratches. However, is their anything major I should look at/for? With skis, should it be 0 hours? Or is it typical to have 1 hr on it..? My first time!

+1
    I would just make sure there is no damage. Otherwise you should be good to go. Post pictures after you pick it up.

+1
    Yes, make sure the trailer you purchased is not too small for the ski. Too many people buy small trailers trying to save money and end up spending much more later in tires, springs, and axle replacement. These skis with fuel and accessories can top 1200 lbs easy. Before you drive away, make sure the tow strap is secure and 2 straps in the back. Don't be like a member here and have your ski fall off the back of the trailer on the way home!

Put a wrench on every bolt, nut, hose clamp you can access. Read the Owners Manual several times, practice raising the iBr gate with the IbR OVR Procedure and know it cold. Get a Shop Manual here: www.brpmanuals.com
    Read thru the "How to" section of this forum.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Yes, make sure the trailer you purchased is not too small for the ski. Too many people buy small trailers trying to save money and end up spending much more later in tires, springs, and axle replacement. These skis with fuel and accessories can top 1200 lbs easy.
    This is great advice, and very often overlooked.

+1
    The dealership your buying it from should do a once over before it leaves. Mainly making sure it starts and every hose and bolt is tight.

Also won't hurt to ask them to check the pump alignment. Once in a while they come from the factory wrong and wear out your carbon ring quickly.

+1
    Thanks everyone!

I had no service when I got there, so I couldn't check replies

However, I just got it home and had a smile there back. They went over everything with me, but something scared me.. it took the engine about 3 times to start.. I asked "is this normal for a new ski?" and he said "Yes, the fuel lines still have some air in it"

Is this true?

Besides that, everything else looks great! took it to the local marina to practice backing up and stuff

here are 3 pics didnt have time to take more

http://imgur.com/a/lG5hu
    Last edited by xewkija631; 04-23-2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: tilt your head :)

+1
    Such a beautiful ski! Congrats man! Makes sense to me about the fuel lines and it being brand new.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Such a beautiful ski! Congrats man! Makes sense to me about the fuel lines and it being brand new.

Thanks! and yeah, it makes sense, just hope it's true!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Yes, make sure the trailer you purchased is not too small for the ski. Too many people buy small trailers trying to save money and end up spending much more later in tires, springs, and axle replacement. These skis with fuel and accessories can top 1200 lbs easy. Before you drive away, make sure the tow strap is secure and 2 straps in the back. Don't be like a member here and have your ski fall off the back of the trailer on the way home!

Put a wrench on every bolt, nut, hose clamp you can access. Read the Owners Manual several times, practice raising the iBr gate with the IbR OVR Procedure and know it cold. Get a Shop Manual here: www.brpmanuals.com
    Read thru the "How to" section of this forum.

Thanks for this!

The trailer is rated for 1200lbs

+1
    If you're Leaving it in the driveway like that make sure it doesn't get stolen !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information