Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pro 785 Havasu Winner, whats it worth

I own the Pro 785 Limited that Drew Hough won the world finals with in 2000. It was built by Hot Seat Performance back when I worked there in 2000. I would like to sell it because I just don't use it anymore. Trying to figure out what its worth? I'm not sure if I can post it for sale on here or not? I would like some suggestions on a price if anyone has some insight.

It has the following done to it. First of all it is a very lightweight hull that came from Polaris, hint hint. The motor mounts were redone to straighten out the angle of the motor so that the driveshaft was straight out of the coupler.

It has one of the very few UMI Upright style billet steering systems that changes the way the bars pivot. I think the bars are renthol. Hsp finger throttle.

It has the following Hot Seat Performance parts on it.
    -Riflebore Carburetors with individual arrestors.
    -HSP ride plate
    -HSP hand trim
    -HSP Auto trim, which automatically drops the nozzle when you turn.
    -HSP quick start handlebar mounted start button. Works great if you have to do a dead man start cause its right by your thumb.
    -HSP pump wedge, I think its 2 degree, stock was 4.
    -HSP sponsons , which I even designed back in the day when I worked at HSP, lol.
    -HSP ignition box.

It has a Jet Dynamics intake grate that is a special one they made for the world finals race.

It has flow control valves on the pipes which helps low end power.
    It has the stock head and pipes put back on it and runs on premium pump gas now, just premixed of course.

I have had the machine for 10 years. I bought it cause I always wanted it, but it was hardly used ever! 3 years ago I went through the motor with new crank and pistons, and a new stator. I have only used it once every summer since. I just take it out for a quick rip and then it gets put away. Its a little to aggressive for my little kids, so I don't take it out much.

It is a blast to drive! Acceleration is super cool and it corners like its on rails! You better be hanging on tight cause it will toss you if your not ready! It's designed to be quick and turn fast! and it does that!! Big time!

my email is [email protected] if anyone has any suggestions for me on a price. my number is 612.270.0529
    Also if anyone has any suggestions on where to sell it. I am near Minneapolis. Thanks for your help!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro785-e.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	356908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro785-c.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	356909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro785-d.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	356910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro785-a.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	356911

Thanks!

+1
    I'd say 1500.00 there was just one on craigslist with everything hotseat pipes ,hotseat head ,evolution marine trim tabs ,riflebores ,msd ignition ,carbon fiber hood ,vilder steering, gas valves and more with trailer for 1700.00 which is sad because that ski was well over 20,000 to build it and it was real clean and had a trailer

+1
    Not to high jack the thread, but why are Pro 785's are taking a dive on values. I mean what other jet ski can you buy that comes stock with triple pipes and was made for racing. Kind of like a SS Chevelle or hemi cuda for the water.

+1
    I got $2000 out of mine this past fall. Man I wish I hadn't sold it, I put a lot of time into that ski it was mint.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Not to high jack the thread, but why are Pro 785's are taking a dive on values. I mean what other jet ski can you buy that comes stock with triple pipes and was made for racing. Kind of like a SS Chevelle or hemi cuda for the water.
    I think it's just a case of market shrinkage. The market was never really HUGE to begin with and even smaller now.

I'm a hardcore "Seadoo only" guy but I've always wanted a Pro785. I'm glad your way up north or I'd be temped to try and work something out.

+1
    One of the problems with paying a lot for something like this you need to go through everything And that will cost I just put a 785 motor together and there goes $2000.00 now add all the small parts you need to replace so I think this may limit who my be interested in a old pro ? ( shame it's to far away for me lol) plus like bob said there is others out there with mod parts still on them pipes , head , etc

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Braley View Post
    I'm a hardcore "Seadoo only" guy but I've always wanted a Pro785. I'm glad your way up north or I'd be temped to try and work something out.

I was thinking 2500.

as you can tell I need to clean it up, I just took the cover of it and took some pics. I remember selling these things all done up for 20 grand at Hot Seat back in the day. those days are long gone! lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedshopinc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Braley View Post

I was thinking 2500.

as you can tell I need to clean it up, I just took the cover of it and took some pics. I remember selling these things all done up for 20 grand at Hot Seat back in the day. those days are long gone! lol
    you may get it Polaris ski's sell for more in Mn. but I doubt it good luck with the sale

+1
    We can get more for ski's in MN... Hummm...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information