Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva rear exit exhaust kit RXP

I'm in the middle of installing a riva rear exhaust tip on my 06 rxp and the holes are all drilled but i cant get the bolts to thread into the retainer ring inside the ski. I can get 3/4 of them done but the last hole wont line up and the retainer ring does not sit flush against the hull on the inside. I used the riva template and from what ive seen i drilled the hole in the right location. Someone please help!

+1
    More than likely as you drilled you were not perfectly square with a hole or 2. I'd thread the ones you can in loosely and pull them so the retainer sits flush with hull...flash a light in and see what direction it's off. Slowly ream out the hole but push the bolts in so the retainer goes away from inside of hull wall so you don't mare up the threads when you ream out the hole. Happened to me and that's what I did...didn't take much...a c-hair.

Agree. It's so easy to drill a hole in the hull that is not 100% 90 degrees to the hull. It only needs to be a degree or two off and it will send the bolt off to the side of the thread. Follow EXACTLY as connorrxp says and gently ream out the hole. Make sure you seal it well when you fit it.

+1
    Uhh.. At least I'm not the only one who had a nightmare experience..

same thing with my Rude tip.. Hole is exactly where it needed to be, 3 holes lined up, last one, not a chance.. Took the retaining ring off the back and drilled through the holes on the exhaust tip itself, even made a couple of the holes larger on the tip by doing to.. Can't tell as the screws covered the larger holes.. With my wife helping and a few choice words it finally lined up decently and I cranked it on.. Used a lot of sealant on the inside, gooped it on real thick over everything, water testing it tomorrow.. Good luck!

+1
    When you have that many holes, some times a good reaming is needed at the end. It's hard to keep the drill straight.

+1
    I usually just drill them out a little bigger to begin with with the assumption that they will not be 100% straight. There is enough land area to seal the holes, let alone the silicone on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1 View Post
    I usually just drill them out a little bigger to begin with with the assumption that they will not be 100% straight. There is enough land area to seal the holes, let alone the silicone on it.

I do the same thing!

+1
    yup i had to do the same with mine and drill one hole out a tad bigger, it was a pain in the ass.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for all your help, i finally got the thing on, i ended up threading in all the bolts to where the retainer ring would fit, (after drilling the holes out bigger) and then siliconed the ring into place then lined up all the bolts through the exhaust tip into the retainer ring, i used a lot of gasket maker.. what a mess! I'm water testing when the weather gets above 10*C.. i fired the engine and the TDR exhaust sounds amazing!

+1
    I just water tested mine this weekend.. Slight dribble leaking in.. Nothing that was gonna sink the ski, rode all afternoon and just let the siphons pull the water that accumulated out.. I used what I thought was a lot of sealant, I'll be pulling the exhaust this week to add even more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information