Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Defective Gauges RXPX260

I have a 2012 with 17 hours on it. Its been shrink wrapped most of its life. I pull the cover off it and find out the clear plastic on the gauges is all messed up. Kinda looks like a bunch of cracks but from the inside. Anyone else have this problem?

Not heard of this specifically. I do know that these gauge clusters are not very watertight. Many people, including myself, have been forced to apply silicon sealant to the weld seams around the gauge cluster to stop the moisture creeping in. After a normal ride, no submarines, no splashing and no water spraying over the top deck, I could see condensation forming on the inside of the glass.

Not great for such a critical part of the ski, in a flat on water zone and costing several hundred bucks to replace - we love BRP, really!!

Just an aside, be really careful how you treat your low hour machine when in storage. If incorrectly stored, prepared etc, the low 17hrs could in fact turn out to be the biggest problem. Ski's don't like to stand around. There's always a residual amount of moisture in the hull /exhaust, no matter how well you try and dry it out. Shrink wrapping it might be the kiss of death. It must breathe free to keep the risk of corrosion down.

If at all possible, get it out and ride it if only for an hour every so often, this will be much better in the long run than a tightly sealed low hour machine. Remember also that some essential maintenance parts (SC bearings) need changing based on time passing, EVEN if you are not riding the ski. I'm sure there are many who can tell you of very low hours skis having major problems on the first run after a long period of storage.

You may already know all of this, it's just a preventative bit of advice.

Sorry I couldn't answer your OP.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah I know all about sitting skis. Intercooler popped on the first ride too. I'll post pics of the gauges later. Really not looking forward to paying for new ones. I'm gonna call seadoo. Maybe it's still under warrantee

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Yeah I know all about sitting skis. Intercooler popped on the first ride too. I'll post pics of the gauges later. Really not looking forward to paying for new ones. I'm gonna call seadoo. Maybe it's still under warrantee
    I'm not sure if it's compatible but I have a gauge cluster from a 2010 RXT-X 260 that I would part with. An alternative to paying $700 for a new one!

+1
    I'll keep you in mind. You'll be hearing from me for an intercooler at the very least

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150510_122741.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	358429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150510_122636.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	358428

Had the same issue. Dealer was cool and replaced under wty

+1
    Yeah i went down there yesterday. Warranty expired in 13

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Yeah i went down there yesterday. Warranty expired in 13
    That sux!

But yes I have seen this exact issue on a local rider 2014 PX dash.

Go on eBay and search for "helicopter tape"...you can usually find someone selling 4" x 12" strips for cheap. Its really tough and after you use it to cover the entire face of the gauge, it should buy you time. As long as it doesn't crack on its edges, it will be fine.

+1
    its not cracked. Its bubbling off from the inside. almost like someone forgot to take the protective wrap off before they assembled it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information