Banned User
    +1

Innovate air fuel gauge question

I have 05 Rxp. I got j pipe with the O2 and innovate gauge. I didn't wire it into my fuse box yet so that it powers on with my ski but I did power it up by having it on the power an negitive on my battery. But my problem is that while the ski is on, the gauge is on, it heats up. Then it bounces from lean to rich.. It goes from 7 (which is the first line) to the last line which I think is 22 if I remember right. 7 being way lean and 22 being way rich ( I think!! )

has any1 had this problem?

on my rrfpr my fuel pressure is at around 58 and when I hit the gas it goes to like 61ish..

137 +4 charger with 4inch kanaflex
    50lb injectors
    Ecu vtech map with 8400 rpm
    supertech springs & retainers.

+1
    7 is max rich and 22 is max lean
    o2 sensors are known to go bad
    and even faster when they are in a humid place
    ie: j-pipe near a box of water all day

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    7 is max rich and 22 is max lean
    o2 sensors are known to go bad
    and even faster when they are in a humid place
    ie: j-pipe near a box of water all day
    oh ok so I had it backwords. And the 02 sensor is brand new. I hope it isnt bad

+1
    You have the o2-Sensor in the j-pipe?
    You have done the calibration like INOVATE suggested?

+1
    I remember Innovate instructions where very clear to say, do not attach ground to the battery, but use 2 separate grounds on the engine block.

A wideband should only be heating if the motor is running. The fuel pump has the same rule. It is best to power the wideband from the fuel pump leads using a relay.

It sounds like you have the rrfpr hooked up the the intake manifold. Normally in the watercraft world, we do not hook up that reference hose and run fixed fuel pressure at 58-60 lbs.

+1
    The battery post for ground is good, make sure nothing is loose, check if solder is ok... Redo calibration...

The calibration procedure requires that the oxygen sensor be in free air, thismeans removed from the exhaust system completely.

1. With the sensor disconnected, apply power to the MTX-L.When power is applied, all three digits will light up and the needle bar willsweep once through all LEDs. Then the status light will turn red and thenumeric display will read “E2”. This is an error code, indicating that nosensor is detected. Leave unit powered on for minimum 30 seconds.

2. Power down the MTX-L and attach the oxygen sensor using thecable provided. When making these connections, make sure theyare fully seated and locked. Again, make sure that the sensor is infree air (not in the exhaust).

3. Power up the MTX-L.Again, the display should ‘sweep’, but instead of an error, the display willdisplay “Htr”. This indicates that the sensor is being heated up tooperating temperature. After 30-60 seconds, the display will switch from“Htr” to “CAL”, indicating that the sensor is being calibrated. A fewseconds later, your MTX-L will begin displaying AFR. Since the sensor isin free air, the gauge will default to the upper limit of 22.4.

The calibration procedure has completed and the system is now readyfor use.

*** And for those with a datalogger (like VTECH) ***

Important: You can disconnect and reconnect the sensor and sensorcable for installation without losing your calibration. So if you want to connect the O2 Sensor to the VTech Datalogger, just remove the fuse for the MTX-L gauge then plug the sensor to the datalogger... When your done, plug the O2 to the MTX-L and then replace the fuse...

Hope it help!

Banned User
    +1
    Yea I didn't have instructions. I bought it off a friend an just installed. I have the O2 sensor in my j pipe yes. So I guess that's my problem that it was never in free air. When I start my ski with the innovate gauge already powered up. I get a e2... But if I pull the power off the battery, start my ski an then put the power on the battery it heats up, then calibrates an then that's when it goes from 7 to 22 bouncing. I will try to take it out an retry it

Thread Information