+1

Denali Powerhub2

Anyone every try one of these guys? Between EGT's and gauges I felt like a bit much draw off the infamous purple wire so now all my goodies are fused and with internal relay I now draw off the battery. I had a few gripes with it but seems pretty decent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-24 21.30.42.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	357019

+1
    Nice! Thx

+1
    I may want to come up with my own new cover replacement as it's not water proof so that aspect I'm a little worried about. Box is 3 sides all one piece but it's the cover that lacks good water sealing....meant for bikes.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/power...or-motorcycles

+1
    Nice set up Ken

DG

+1
    Thanks David....lots of work I just put into this thing over the winter and I'm glad it's 99% finished. I'll be posting up some pics.

Here's a teaser. Don't mind the mess I got lots to clean once the toys are out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-24 18.12.53.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	357035

This one also gets a great write up, is smaller and appears more rugged and better sealed.

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/index.php?pid=1#board

It's a great idea for those of us who mod lots, makes the battery area much neater and safer.

+1
    They seem about the same size, pack of cigarettes and both are listed as water resistant but I do like the covers attachment better. I'm not crazy about the board being exposed even once the cover is down, another seam for water to get in. I like the means of attaching wires much better and that was one of my gripes with the Denali. There's a rubber grommet underside and you screw to tiny terminal inside...wire enough devices and cover gets bowed. I farted with the wiring routing inside so many times I got pretty frustrated, using the onboard ground bus made it worse. It needs some sort of gasket or a custom cover I'm thinking of making to seal it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken62465 View Post
    They seem about the same size, pack of cigarettes and both are listed as water resistant but I do like the covers attachment better. I'm not crazy about the board being exposed even once the cover is down, another seam for water to get in. I like the means of attaching wires much better and that was one of my gripes with the Denali. There's a rubber grommet underside and you screw to tiny terminal inside...wire enough devices and cover gets bowed. I farted with the wiring routing inside so many times I got pretty frustrated, using the onboard ground bus made it worse. It needs some sort of gasket or a custom cover I'm thinking of making to seal it better.
    There's quite a few reviews of people having issues with the Denial one, mainly retaining straps breaking, difficulty in passing wires in/out and rubber grommets. There are also some who say only certain fuses fit enough to be able to close the lid - ouch.

So the Fuzeblock one looks great. I'd still cover the exposed area's in dielectric grease to stop the moisture though, doesn't hurt to lend a helping hand!

+1
    ATM fuses fit fine with room to spare behind the cover but the fuses themselves are a tight fit in the terminals....how the heck anyone had an issue closing the lid is beyond me. Aren't all ATM fuses the the same dimensions? Unless they wired one...installed fuse...wired next and ran wires over previous fuse...that would cause a problem with the lid but it's foolish wiring.

Thread Information