Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Oil leak after shop repair to fix oil leak!!!!!!!!!!Not Happy.........

Well i got my ski back after paying $500 large ones to get the rear main seal and bellow boot replaced after i noticed a oil leak from it. Took it out to notice i have the same alarm coming on after WOT runs and backing off. Took it back home to find oil in my engine bay again. After a close look i fired it up to see oil pissing out the rear seal. After explaining originally to the ski shop to replace the seal and boot, i looked at the invoice of repair to see that he did not replace the seal but replaced the boot only with new clamps.
    WTF......did i pay $500 bucks for? The bearings,seal and bellow cost $200 bucks to buy off Seadoo and 2 hours [email protected] $100p/h.
    Thats $400bucks + GST =$450. I have been shafted to have a ski that has the same problem it went in to be repaired less $500 bucks.I tried ringing the owner to only get his message bank, so i left a message. I hope he honours his work and will repair it properly. He better have a good excuse as to why he charged me full jam and not put a new seal in it from the start. Im friggin pissed and wont be using him again after this.

Rant over..

+1
    We have all been there and done that!

This is exactly why we get shop manuals and the proper tools and do the job ourselves. It is the only way to know 100% that it is done correctly. In the process we have gotten smarter.

Yes, it is pure BS, but what is your threshold of pain?

+1
    Please list the shop bc that is ridiculous. I hate when shops shaft u.

+1
    That's a shit go man, there's some dodgy mechanics out there. Who did you take it to?

+1
    That's shit. If your willing to have a go and don't mind that type of work that's a job you could have done yourself without too much hassle.
    Sounds like its leaking fairly bad to lose enough oil to set off the oil press switch. Those drive shaft input assemblies are fairly robust. Some times the leak is not through the bearing but due to it not being pulled back onto the drive shaft properly. Check it carefully before you part with another couple hundred for a new one.

Was 2hrs labour actually what he charged you, or is that what you think it should take?

+1
    Well he originally said 2 hours to do the job but said if the shaft was hard to get out that it might take more. The shaft will come out easy as the motor was out october last year for a full rebuild. If he does not reply by monday, then i will do the job my self. I only took it there cause i didn't have the correct tool to remove the shaft. I wont name names until if i here back....
    Could it be leaking around the bellow boot if its not sitting right? Reason i ask is that when looking last night, it seems the rear clamp doesn't look like its sitting square.

+1
    I believe that pto bellow comes with a new bearing and clamp already attached.(i guess this is the seal you are referring to) Reguardless , It wasn't installed properly. Good luck.

+1
    Yeah mate. It is the bearing and bellow assembly. His ripped me. He said on the invoice that he only replaced the boot as the original was torn? Why would you not replace the whole assembly? His charged me for it..
    Im pissed that these guys call them self professionals. In my line of buisness, we take pride in the work we do and dont short cut.

I have a saying, A short cut is always the long way!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FPV TRANNY View Post
    Yeah mate. It is the bearing and bellow assembly. His ripped me. He said on the invoice that he only replaced the boot as the original was torn? Why would you not replace the whole assembly? His charged me for it..
    Im pissed that these guys call them self professionals. In my line of buisness, we take pride in the work we do and dont short cut.

I didn't even know you could buy just the boot separately? You typically have to buy the boot with the bearing together.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPV TRANNY View Post

I didn't even know you could buy just the boot separately? You typically have to buy the boot with the bearing together.
    Yeah probably stooged me on that too. Wouldn't be surprised if its my original boot as well.
    I have been shafted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information