2015 fx svho cruiser

Hey guys I just recently bought a new svho and I am new to high performance but not new to Yamaha skis. Now my question is, is at low idles while on the hose my ski will die if I give it gas easily or while it is idling back down? It's not everytime. But every couple pulls I can replicate it. Is this something common with these motors? Anyone else notice this? It has 1.9 hours on the ski and I did do the break in process like the Manuel said.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrod1170 View Post
    Hey guys I just recently bought a new svho and I am new to high performance but not new to Yamaha skis. Now my question is, is at low idles while on the hose my ski will die if I give it gas easily or while it is idling back down? It's not everytime. But every couple pulls I can replicate it. Is this something common with these motors? Anyone else notice this? It has 1.9 hours on the ski and I did do the break in process like the Manuel said.

Both of my SVHO's have done this.. I assume its just the mapping of the throttle, the cam and the fact that there is no load on the engine when its out of the water.

3. +1 by:

+1

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Harrod1170 View Post
    Seems to do it until about 5 hrs you really need to break it in for at least 8 hrs easier to break in with learning mode.Mine has 30+ hrs no more Konking out
    Last edited by gp1200rider; 04-25-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Yes, the 1.8 ltr engine needs around 20 hrs to loosen up nicely...

Must disagree with above though, DO NOT break it in with learner mode, if you met the manual requirements (which should still have been met with lots of throttle until signing off..) then get up it... You need lots of combustion chamber pressure to continue seating the rings, I think this process is still going on despite much of the cylinder hone doing it's job very early on, and bearings etc will do better breaking in loaded as they will for normal use when you ride. I think the SVHO cooling is pretty good for a stock engine, at least against the SHO, so heat buildup shouldn't be a worry.

Give it lots of WOT pulls (to any point in rpm range) and a bit of time at max rpm, then back down and vary it around. Back off steadily to be easy on the clutch. Tentative in the early hours always make for a limp engine I feel, with all three of mine the harder I went the better they felt with time.... (I still met manual rpm restrictions for break in, more or less, but used lots of throttle to get there, pushing those piston rings out against the cylinder walls...) The off idle stalling will go away.

chrs

+1
    14 hrs and notice this at idling(in the water), i swear its going to stall,but has yet to do so.

Thanks guys for all the replies. I can sleep easier tonight. I honestly assumed it was normal but glad you all have 're assured me

on a slightly different note, does the L mode restrict speed ONLY or does it reduce power too?

Thread Information