Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    hill160881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The delta Ca
    Posts
    2,043
    +1
    246

    Seadoo spark owners

    Why do I get this image when I see a signature on a seadoo spark owner and it list all these upgrades? I mean it's an economical cheap intro ski. Like a civic or a corola. There are well done examples of really fast sparks but listing he upgrades is like saying "I got rice" unless it's a turbo properly installed and tuned.



    Sorry but I had to after listening to a guy tell me all about his $6000 dollar spark with almost 3k in upgrades that does mid 50s and has plastic parts falling off when he wipes out.



  2. #2
    Aww now hill Talk about hondas all you want, but no needs to throw that nissan s15 silvia into that category. that car cost as much as all three of those other turds combined.

    Modifying a tiny little ski is a blast to drive. anyone saying that adding power to an engine is a bad idea, needs to get their head checked.

    Ask people on their blasters and stand ups, why they modded their little economic 500+cc ski. Their first answer will likley be about freedom and their right to do what they want, but the Power to weight ratio on small light skis is nothing to be laughed about.


  3. #3
    hill160881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The delta Ca
    Posts
    2,043
    +1
    246
    That poor s15

    I know and agree about adding power but the upgrades are common and bolt on. Nothing to be showing off. It's like saying "I got a civic with low pro tires/rims, a chip, cold air intake, a wing, body kit, and exhaust dawg" It's not like they did anything other than make it look and sound different. Maybe a bit faster but still slow as hell.
    I would love to have a spark but would not tell a sole what upgrades unless asked.


    And remember dont don't feed the trolls that would be me
    I have a love for small cars built to compete with big ones but have a strong dislike for rice and feel the spark is bringing that atmosphere to the pwc comunity more than in the past. We have had to deal with the newer skis looking like a highschool student from the 80s with a jet fighter fetish designed them. How did that work for GM? Now we have them in cheap form with cheap aftermarket upgrades like chips/rips and exhaust..... I supose it is like this on all skis but the spark just sparks something in me. I don't really know why. I guess it's not cool if evrone can just go order it online. I feel it's lazy and should not be bragged on. True customization takes work study and time. Not plug or bolt, brag and go.

  4. #4
    Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    "New" Jersey
    Posts
    826
    +1
    99
    I hear what you're saying...and can agree to a certain extent. Because of the low cost, people are able to finance a new one and still have some cash to mod it. Sounds ok to me...they're just living at their level. I for one have not bought a new ski since the GPRs went out. 15 grand is about DOUBLE what I paid for mine. Not that I couldn't buy one, but the new machines are so big and expensive (even to mod) it just doesn't seem worth it...I'd buy a boat instead as I have 2 GPRs. If I had to spend 30 grand for 2 new skis and then the mods on top, I would just buy a boat. I hope the other manufacturers get a clue and bring back lower cost and playful skis instead of the ocean liners they're making now. They're no fun to modify either. Just keep throwing boost and fuel at it. I think the more people in this sport the more we will not have as many lakes and parks shutting out PWC because of public opinion. I just don't like people that mod their stuff and then talk like they have some kind of solid rocket booster ski...especially if it's a spark or a waveblaster type craft.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    RaiderMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Shore, Long Island NY
    Posts
    424
    +1
    33
    The fact that it upsets you people are modifying Sparks is odd.
    Who cares what they do. They're having fun, learning and growing the sport. I also agree with modding anything you want. Either a 3 seat cup holding barge, a $15k boost rocket or a plastic Spark.
    It doesn't matter if you mod a $12k ski or a $4k one. Enthusiasts will always mod stuff to improve and make it their own. You can't hate cause their budget and goals differ.
    The smaller machines respond to mods very well. The ski is still rather new and is probably the fastest growing segment of the sport both sales and mods wise. Hopefully this gets the attention of other manufacturers to build similar skis.
    Not everyone wants to race to Catalina or pretend their ski is a boat. Think AutoX vs 1/4 mi drag. I know which I like better. Small, fun, fuel efficient skis are where it's at. It's all about the fun factor.
    Now, if the Spark was made of a better, stronger hull material people wouldn't hate so much... ( is nano crack coat really any better?) And I'd probably be on 1 too. I ride surf and jump waves on a sit down. The spark is almost perfect for this, with a few mods.


  7. #6
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,504
    +1
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    The fact that it upsets you people are modifying Sparks is odd.
    Who cares what they do. They're having fun, learning and growing the sport. I also agree with modding anything you want. Either a 3 seat cup holding barge, a $15k boost rocket or a plastic Spark.
    It doesn't matter if you mod a $12k ski or a $4k one. Enthusiasts will always mod stuff to improve and make it their own. You can't hate cause their budget and goals differ.
    The smaller machines respond to mods very well. The ski is still rather new and is probably the fastest growing segment of the sport both sales and mods wise. Hopefully this gets the attention of other manufacturers to build similar skis.
    Not everyone wants to race to Catalina or pretend their ski is a boat. Think AutoX vs 1/4 mi drag. I know which I like better. Small, fun, fuel efficient skis are where it's at. It's all about the fun factor.
    Now, if the Spark was made of a better, stronger hull material people wouldn't hate so much... ( is nano crack coat really any better?) And I'd probably be on 1 too. I ride surf and jump waves on a sit down. The spark is almost perfect for this, with a few mods.
    And there's plenty in the speed culture (cars, speedboats, motorcycles and so on) who would laugh at people spending thousands of dollars modding even the big ski's just to go like 80mph. Each their own.

  8. +1 by:


  9. #7
    95.4mph FZR FZeeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,810
    +1
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    The fact that it upsets you people are modifying Sparks is odd.
    Who cares what they do. They're having fun, learning and growing the sport. I also agree with modding anything you want. Either a 3 seat cup holding barge, a $15k boost rocket or a plastic Spark.
    It doesn't matter if you mod a $12k ski or a $4k one. Enthusiasts will always mod stuff to improve and make it their own. You can't hate cause their budget and goals differ.
    The smaller machines respond to mods very well. The ski is still rather new and is probably the fastest growing segment of the sport both sales and mods wise. Hopefully this gets the attention of other manufacturers to build similar skis.
    Not everyone wants to race to Catalina or pretend their ski is a boat. Think AutoX vs 1/4 mi drag. I know which I like better. Small, fun, fuel efficient skis are where it's at. It's all about the fun factor.
    Now, if the Spark was made of a better, stronger hull material people wouldn't hate so much... ( is nano crack coat really any better?) And I'd probably be on 1 too. I ride surf and jump waves on a sit down. The spark is almost perfect for this, with a few mods.
    And there's plenty in the speed culture (cars, speedboats, motorcycles and so on) who would laugh at people spending thousands of dollars modding even the big ski's just to go like 80mph. Each their own.
    True. Always someone faster. Bottom line is we all try to go fast on ski's because we can't afford $200-500k cigarette boats...If we could we'd be modding them instead and going 150+mph while laughing at modified ski's lol

  10. #8
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,504
    +1
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by FZeeR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    The fact that it upsets you people are modifying Sparks is odd.
    Who cares what they do. They're having fun, learning and growing the sport. I also agree with modding anything you want. Either a 3 seat cup holding barge, a $15k boost rocket or a plastic Spark.
    It doesn't matter if you mod a $12k ski or a $4k one. Enthusiasts will always mod stuff to improve and make it their own. You can't hate cause their budget and goals differ.
    The smaller machines respond to mods very well. The ski is still rather new and is probably the fastest growing segment of the sport both sales and mods wise. Hopefully this gets the attention of other manufacturers to build similar skis.
    Not everyone wants to race to Catalina or pretend their ski is a boat. Think AutoX vs 1/4 mi drag. I know which I like better. Small, fun, fuel efficient skis are where it's at. It's all about the fun factor.
    Now, if the Spark was made of a better, stronger hull material people wouldn't hate so much... ( is nano crack coat really any better?) And I'd probably be on 1 too. I ride surf and jump waves on a sit down. The spark is almost perfect for this, with a few mods.
    And there's plenty in the speed culture (cars, speedboats, motorcycles and so on) who would laugh at people spending thousands of dollars modding even the big ski's just to go like 80mph. Each their own.
    True. Always someone faster. Bottom line is we all try to go fast on ski's because we can't afford $200-500k cigarette boats...If we could we'd be modding them instead and going 150+mph while laughing at modified ski's lol
    Pretty much. lol. Back when motorcycle riders had conflict between Harley's and the imports and then later on with "regular cruiser" riders and crotch rocket guys, which I was...I had an old Harley biker dude tell me his thoughts on the whole thing..."as long as your knees are in the breeze you're alright with me."


  11. #9
    hill160881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The delta Ca
    Posts
    2,043
    +1
    246
    It does not upset me. Honestly I don't care until someone talks my ear off about there 2014 spark they paid full retail and now has more money in it than a big couch ski. It's like listening to a highschool student talk about the civic they got a fart can and a spoiler on.

    Its nothing anyone can't go buy. Nothing custom or that took learning something to do. Just went out and got the cheapest thing and now wants to brag about it like its special. I don't brag about my 1982 starlet as its normal but my 1981 has had 3 years and 30k and 7 different car put into it. It's a work of art and deserves respect. I built my polaris msx150 to handle 250+ hp (smaller displacement and one less cylinder than a spark engine). Yet I don't have the 7grand in engine parts and upgrades listed in my sig and some are one off parts specially made for me. You want this weber engine? You can't buy it! You will have to build it.

    It's an atmosphere of super pride in the ordinary. And look at me I got a spark with bolt on mods. Not an ounce of knowledge or skill gained. Having something cool is only made better if you made it yourself.


    Again I really do like the spark for what it is. I myself will probably get a used one this year but won't be advertising its mods if any.

    Also remember my signature. I am sure the spark will be much cooler when I have one

  12. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Why does it matter? Some people just do not like the big skis. If you are riding on a small lake, or river, the big skis are boring as hell. Believe it or not, I think a lot of people buy the Spark for what it is, not just the price. How many owners have we seen here with a big ski and a Spark, and they say they have more fun on the Spark? Sea Doo has done an awesome thing for the sport. Why look down on those who choose to own or ride a spark. I dont care what it is, if you are on a PWC its cool with me.

  13. +1 by:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So, whos getting a new Seadoo Spark?
    By CRJ in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 02:48 AM
  2. What do you guys think of this? SeaDoo Spark new watercraft models
    By speednutz in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 08:34 AM
  3. 2014 Seadoo Spark Song??
    By bendoggie117 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  4. Seadoo Spark
    By xplayer2885 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:16 AM
  5. Question for Seadoo 3D Owners
    By thompsdw in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •