Is this a good deal?

I currently have a 2001 two seater Polaris SLXH 1050, which so far I have been happy with except for the fact that Polaris doesn't make jet skis anymore, and so sometimes getting parts can be a pain. But I have young kids and a wife who like to ride along with me, so I have been looking for a three seater. That's when I came across these two 2003 XL700 and XLT800 for $5000.

I don't know a ton about Yamahas. What I have read has been that they are reliable. My Polaris can reach around 55-60, and I honestly don't have a ton of need for speed, so if these are a bit slower, that doesn't bother me too much. I mainly am looking for a somewhat stable ski (my polaris is a bit wobbly if you aren't used to riding much), and then it would be fun to pull kids on a tube or wakeboard. So what are your thoughts?? I'm meeting the guy at the boat dock today to start them up and check them out. He told me they have around 100 hours on them, and that he is the second owner and that they have been serviced every fall and spring. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Lake Charles, LA
    Last year I bought two 2003 xlt800 and a double trailer with box for 6k.
    Each had about 120 hours on them.

Only took them out a few times and one died in the water and had to be towed back. Mechanic looked at it and said one of the cylinders was bad. I called the dealership and since I had literally only had them about a week and put like 2 hours on them... They refunded me the money.

What little we rode them, we liked them. Got up to 50mph. Still didn't feel the most stable with 2 on them, but it was doable. With 3up, only at very low speeds.

I say if your mechanically inclined, sounds like a decent deal.

For me, I'm not a fix-it-guy, so I decided to get newer 4 stroke skis.

Thread Information