Gtx 4-tec pump wedge

Why not machine the nozzle an make a bushing to tilt it more vs putting a pump wedge in? I know not everybody has access to te equipment to do such a thing, I got to looking at mine last night and the bushing in the nozzel is broke so got to thinking I could put it in the mill and make the slot a little longer and make a bushing to fit it corectly when done and tilt it up a couple more degrees, would this not be the same as putting a pump wedge in??

Why not just spend the 75 bucks for the wedge so when you dislike the way it handles you can remove it

I could do that or go back to the mill and make another bushing to go in there.. I don't like buying stuff that I know I can make or build myself, yes I'm cheap...

+1
    I'm assuming you're taking about the steering nozzle. tilting the steering nozzle up/down is pretty much the same as what VTS does and won't give the same effect as a wedge. pump wedge's go between the pump and the venturi. they give additional nose lift on top of the VTS without the steering nozzle being so tilted that it hinders performance.

The gtx 4-tec don't have a vts, the bushing is bad in my steering nozzel so that's why I am thinking of modifying it while I have it apart, if i end up not likening the way it is a i make a offset bushing to put it back to stock location. Won't tipping the steering nozzel up lift the front of the ski also?

+1
    it will but there is a point of diminishing returns. I thought that the GTX's came with a oblong bushing that does just that stock. if you got the tools then go for it.

Yes it has the oblong bushing, i was going to put the steering nozzel in the mill and make the slot longer and Build a bushing to fit accordingly out of some hard plastic, but after looking at it some more there just isn't enough material to machine out to make a difference, so going to get new bushings and put it back together, on another note has anyone take a vts off another machine and put it on a gtx??
    Last edited by Dauer33; 04-27-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Thread Information