Arrow 1996 Polaris SLT700, Updated Ignition with no spark

Hi i have read your post about the polaris ignition systems i have a 96 polaris slt700 with upgraded ignition kit. I installed the kit about 3-4 years ago and the machine ran great i pulled it out this year Connected it to my TRUCK battery and tried to crank it. I have no spark. I have a ranging voltage @ primary of ignition coil while cranking up to 30vdc would this mean my stator and cdi are good? I have continuity between primary side of ignition coil and about .6-0.7 ohms. Seconday side of ignition coil i have no continuity, but about 2900 ohms. No continuity through plug wires but about 3000 ohms.

I am leaning toward the ignition coil or plug wires after comparing my readings to the ones you posted i just want to be certain before i spend $100+ on a coil. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada

Have you worked through the diagnostics shown via my signature links?

Note that boosting these engines via an external battery is not recommended. There is a real risk of damaging the watercraft electronics.

Best option is to install a proper battery in the watercraft. I recommend the Deka ETX16 factory sealed AGM battery.

After the truck battery and getting no spark I realized it probably was a bad idea. So I swapped to a lawnmower battery with the same results I know from your posts the machine needs 10.6v while cranking for spark that is one thing I did not check for two reasons. First because I had used that battery with no trouble before and second because I was getting voltage @ primary side of ignition coil.

Thread Information