Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2015 VXS Speedometer Convert KM to MPH

I picked up my new Ski the other day an I'm trying to figure out how to convert the Speedo from reading in KM to MPH? Nothing in the regular Manual, Cant find a service manual Any help would be Appreciated.

+1
    Not sure on 2015 but on older model you hold down the hour/volt button within first 10-15 seconds of starting engine and it switches mph to kph and reverse.

+1
    No button except my Start stop an remote Crazy this year Guess Yamaha figured a malfunction button would be to much for people to handle lol

+1
    The button blends in with the dash and easy to miss if you're not looking for it...I'm not sure about the '15's but that's how it is on mine...

+1
    Just had this with my VXR click start button but don't start, just turn on dash. Then hold down stop button and it will change, let go

If you have your owners manual its on page 44, I came across this on my new VXR as well.

My question is how does one prevent it from defaulting back to KPH? The manual states it is set to MPH from the factory but my VXR and the Wife's VX Deluxe both revert back to KPH sometimes even when we stop for just a short time. Kind of frustrating since we don't tend to notice until we are underway. The options at that point are 1. Deal with it or 2. Stop and reset it to MPH.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The wife did some digging on the net and found some info stating that if you wait to pull the lanyard out until after the dash goes to sleep it will stay in MPH (or kph if that's how you have it set). We're hoping to try that this weekend! They keep changing the weather forcast on us though. Fingers crossed.

I am also having this issue with my 2015 VXR. During a day out at the lake, it will automatically change back to kilometers per hour between stop and starts. I contacted the dealership where I purchased it from, and they are saying that the computer needs to be reflashed or replaced and that it will be covered by the factory warranty. I am a bit reluctant to take it in right now, because my local dealership is saying it could take 3 weeks or so before they can look at it, and I don't want it sitting when I could be riding it.

I have not yet tried not removing safety shutoff lanyard until dash cuts off, so I can't say if this will work or not, but I will give it a try next time out. I also disconnected the battery for 1 minute, they reconnected it. By default, it is going to MPH, but it still will automatically switch to KPH.

Please keep me updated on anything you find out, and I will also report my findings.

Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm399 View Post
    The wife did some digging on the net and found some info stating that if you wait to pull the lanyard out until after the dash goes to sleep it will stay in MPH (or kph if that's how you have it set). We're hoping to try that this weekend! They keep changing the weather forcast on us though. Fingers crossed.
    Thanks. I'll have to try that also. Mine doesn't happen all the time. But when it does, I just turn it off and hold the stop button for about 4-5 seconds and then restart it. It would be nice not having to worry about it at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information