1st Mate

water in Flywheel casing?

Have a '94 750 SLT with reverse. Was running good in 2011. Then no spark. so I sourced a stator, and found a known good used unit, with a used 3 output fuel pump for the other issue with Fuji's.

Received the stator and I opened the front motor case where the flywheel resides. this is where water was a small pool lying in the bottom trough along with a little brown hairball mess.??

So to repair the ole girl ?

A water jacket is obviously leaking so gaskets min any other ideas suggestions, thing to eliminate before moving forward into the money pit!

Banned User
    +1
    Was the hull ever flooded? Thats about the only way water can get in there I would think.

1st Mate
    it does take on water when beached, I didn't think it got up there I saw it around shaft sump area. I'm going to have to revisit the siphon tubes the previous owner plugged, and the shaft bracket area with some sealant. any suggestions?
    Thanks for the input somewhat of a relief it's not internal.

+1
    If you are taking on water it is likely that your thru hull bearing assembly is letting it in. Time to look at removing and rebuilding.

+1
    I have two 97 SLT 780 I just bought I was trying to check the spark on one of them and pulled the plugs out. When I cranked it a bunch off yellowish orange fluid came flying out. Previous owner said it flipped and stayed flipped for some time. How can I get all the water out? I've never worked on a pwc. Don't mean to intrude in this post but I can't find any answers elswere. Thanks

1st Mate

flip

When my Seadoo was submerged for some time> I took the Spark plugs out and turned it over several time for a weekend. Removed bowls on carbs sprayed the heck out of them and carbs with cleaner. Opened the CDI to drain any water and a few warm days later it started right up.

Just what I did more here have vastly better advice.

1st Mate
    thanks BFC and you have quite a list of parts I may have to revisit. As for removing and rebuilding shaft threw hull is there a procedure link here?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TNStreamy View Post
    thanks BFC and you have quite a list of parts I may have to revisit. As for removing and rebuilding shaft threw hull is there a procedure link here?
    I don't know..... I haven't done one..... Might have to do that this summer!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greynosa View Post
    I have two 97 SLT 780 I just bought I was trying to check the spark on one of them and pulled the plugs out. When I cranked it a bunch off yellowish orange fluid came flying out. Previous owner said it flipped and stayed flipped for some time. How can I get all the water out? I've never worked on a pwc. Don't mean to intrude in this post but I can't find any answers elswere. Thanks
    Had same problem as your. My advice to u is best to take apart and spilt lower case to do complete cleaning.
    Here my thread link what I was doing was a lazy way and high risk.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=230289&page=3

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Orange sounds like rust to me.

You have 2 options...
    1-tear it apart and assess the damage, buy parts as needed, and reassemble a known good engine. Enjoy!
    2-fiddle around with various flushing methods to 'clean' the engine out, tune it, and enjoy it until the engine locks up from whatever was wrong with it that rusted.

Thread Information