05 STX12F mod thoughts

Alright. I have a 05 Stx12f. Thinking of some mods to give her more power for a better holeshot. My question is does anyone know power gains from a intake, injectors, and throttle body from a STX15F on the 12F? Also has anyone used the 15F impeller in a 12f?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    sadly the best mod for a 12f is a forsale sign and upgrade to a 15f there are a few things you can do , but no BIG gains to be had, its just a fun cheap to ride ski,

Just enjoy it for what it is,

Waz

Ya. It is shitty the support the STX-12f has for aftermarket parts. Not expecting big gains. Just gathering data from others. But these are some of my ideas for mods to help the 12 keep up the 15 better.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Don't spend the time or money on it, I went down 12f mod route and came up to about 60-62 but that's all it has in it. The rods aren't strong enough, the big end of the rod is a smaller size. The ecu is not up to mods so if you do a different intake manifold or throttle body the ecu can't tell that you changed anything and will run dangerously lean. The few things that do work are the cone filter on the throttle body or in the storage bucket, cut the bar out of the intake grate, and install a rideplate.

Otherwise just enjoy it and save a 15f.

Sean

Hmmm. That's a shame. Oh well.

Just had a speak to one of my FB friends He owns a stx 12f, and I ask what he has done to his. So far he has upgraded the airbox to a filter pod--Removed the secondary muffler-- replaced the intake grate for a worx racing one and had the impeller repatched from std specs. So far he tells me that it tops out at 93kms and has enough grunt to pull a skier or his kids on a tube. His next investment is a EJK fuel controller that he will purchase in the next couple of weeks. He said that its on the fly adjustable while you drive, and he needs to richen up the bottom end to give it more holeshot. So far its doing 90kms on the std speedo. The best thing of all is the longer run times because of its fuel economy. All of the mods mentioned (except the fuel controller) are on the greenhulk website and are all easy to do and very low budget.

+1
    intake filter in the box will get you a little more RPM and speed. Ride plate will be good for another 2-3 mph. The muffler mod won't do much either.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    It will sound a lot louder !!!
    A 4 degree timing advance may help

Thread Information