+1

Ct river saturday

Let the season begin!!! A group of us (8 skis) is meeting in Greenport at 7am for Breakfast at the Coronet dinner. Then it is off to the ramp in Orient Point to launch for a ride across the Sound and up the CT River. The plan is to be in the water at 9am. Anybody interested in joining in on the ride??

+1
    Id be interested in joining in, me and a buddy were planning on hitting the river anyways. What time do you think you'll get to the river? We put in usually in Old Saybrook or Essex so we could meet up with you once you cross the sound.

+1
    I'm pissed I'm working this Saturday and have been wanting to go on this ride for the last few seasons. Any chance you guys will be doing this again this season?

+1
    IF we are all in the water by 9am, we should be by old saybrook before 10. Send me a text if you make it on the river. 516 456 7862.

Mike, Not too sure we will be doing this same trip again this season but there will ne several nice ones coming up. Canada could be one of them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    I'm pissed I'm working this Saturday and have been wanting to go on this ride for the last few seasons. Any chance you guys will be doing this again this season?
    Anytime you want to make the crossing just let me know!

+1
    How was the trip? I'm wondering how the CT River will be this week without a wet suit.

+1
    We had a great ride. 11 skis and 15 people. Made it up to Middletown had lunch at the canoe club. A lot of debris in the river. Water was 48 degrees. On our way across the sound we hit a fog bank. Could not see more then 20 feet, rode in the fog for about 30 minutes, not fun. Make sure you have a GPS when crossing the sound, it is what got into the river. Once we hit the first bridge, it was clear skies the rest of the trip.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Post pics!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOJOE View Post
    We had a great ride. 11 skis and 15 people. Made it up to Middletown had lunch at the canoe club. A lot of debris in the river. Water was 48 degrees. On our way across the sound we hit a fog bank. Could not see more then 20 feet, rode in the fog for about 30 minutes, not fun. Make sure you have a GPS when crossing the sound, it is what got into the river. Once we hit the first bridge, it was clear skies the rest of the trip.
    Sounds awesome, unfortunately I had to work and couldn't get out till Sunday afternoon. I hope to catch you guys next time, we have a house in Chester on the river. My family said they say you go by though.

We should have a meet at gildersleeve island in the near futureon the ct river.
    Check this video from the island.

Thread Information