Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Broken motor mounts. Which to buy and how much?

Was out ripping around on the Hulk today with my new upgrades and the thing is running hard. Riding for a few hours when all of a sudden in flat water running around 8000rpm it felt like it dropped power and the motor was struggling. I stopped and then attempted to restart it but it wouldnt crank. Ended up being towed in and got it home to find out whats going on. After stuffing around checking obvious things i put the ski back together to find out it started and run perfectly. Had me baffled as to what happened but after talking to a mate, he said to check the engine mount. Low and behold i was able to tilt the engine up. Happy in one way that its not a terminal problem with the engine but how hard is it to change out and re align the motor? What mounts should i run and how much?

Cheers for anyones input.

+1
    https://www.rhaasproducts.com/aboutus.asp

They have a hard and softer compound. I run the hard compound in my turbo PX and am very happy with them.

Doing motor alignment sucks, get a manual, buy, rent or borrow the tools. Especially if your doing all the motor mounts. If your doing just one mount and you go OEM you might be able to just replace the one mount and get away with just checking the alignment. Try checking the alignment before you start pulling everything apart for reference. For a relatively stock ski I'd probably just go OEM again and not waste the time and money on alignment stuff and rhaas mounts. They are badass but its a lot of work to replace them all.

+1
    Thanks mate.
    Probably will replace all mounts. Might pay a shop to do by the sounds of it.

+1
    Yeah Rhaas...

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1767.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	357667

Rhaas all the way baby. With the engine removed it is an easy change out. The "hard" part is resetting the alignment with the proper tools. If you have access to them, I highly recommend you do this yourself.

+1
    Its the front mount at the front of the ski. What size bolts are holding that mount. It says M8 socket head screw but thats not 8mm. What size socket end fits it?

+1
    Mine are 8mm hex head allen bolts, not the 13mm bolts holding down the black bracket.
    Last edited by jpt7779; 05-03-2015 at 12:54 AM.

+1
    Get the rotax racing ones and you will never ever face any problems!!!! They are the top. I use them and they are massive!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1767.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	357667

Rhaas all the way baby. With the engine removed it is an easy change out. The "hard" part is resetting the alignment with the proper tools. If you have access to them, I highly recommend you do this yourself.
    Show off...I so want a poor a quart of oil in there and smear it around.

+1
    Another vote for the Rhaas mounts.

I ripped my stock mounts in my '13 and replaced them with the harder "race" version. There may be a tiny bit more vibration but certainly worth it. With stock mounts, every (new) ski I rode I could feel a secondary bump when jumping waves. From showroom skis to one with 300hrs. Hard to explain but imagine a tennis ball suspended in middle of large coffee can with rubber-bands. As you shake it or bump it against something, you can feel a secondary bump. With the harder race Rhass mounts, this eliminates most of that. The other added advantage of the harder mounts is it keep the carbon seal always aligned.

The Rhaas mounts have been used for years in the standup community. Those skis are often landed inverted from 10ft and they hold up fine.

Best of all, these will be the last mount you will buy as it comes with a lifetime warranty.

The mounts in the picture I posted are specifically for the S3/T3 skis. You are required to re-use the front mount by cutting off the OEM rubber and using the supplied hardware to bolt into place. Notice the billet/cnc washer has an exact size/cut lip that fits into the opening on stock alloy mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rhaas-t3.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	357789  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information