04 RXP, 15 GTI SE 155, 00 RX, 02 GTX DI ldmoore87's Avatar
    +1

gtx di blew up in my face!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0293.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	357726
    Get to the launch and the di won't start so I pull it out of the water remove the seat install the key to listen for fuel pump and its working so I get an extra plug put it on top of head to check for spark and kablooey next thing I know I'm on the ground and it knocked the wife off of hers sitting right beside mine I jump up grab an extinguisher put the fire out and realize my face ears both arms and right hand are burnt pretty bad and the while time 7 or 8 people are standing around the launch just starring at us. Anyways point is make sure you have some one with a good sniffer before you check for spark like that (mine is stopped up)

+1
    I've had 4 different customers do the same thing with different skis over the years-- 2 ended up going to the hospital.

+1
    Yeah it's pretty painful but it could have been worse. And I was told it didn't look like any wiring was melted in the ski so maybe I did something right. Lol

+1
    Did you gas the ski up right before launching?

+1
    Roughly 20 minutes before launching. But I couldn't smell and didn't see any gas and really you never think that kind of thing will happen. But I'm ok burns will heal and I learned my lesson

Sorry dude but I think of that kind of thing happening. Glad it wasn't worse and hope you are well.

Glad you are OK, could have been much worse. We all do stupid chit from time to time. Dumbest thing I ever did was at age 12. Me and some buddies were making homemade bombs by "harvesting" the black powder out of 12 gauge shotgun shells. After we blew up the bombs made by using up several boxes of shells, we were out of fun. Looked at the pile of empty shells, and saw all the primers still intact, wondered if we could remove them for more fun. What did I use to try to remove the primers? A punch. So I chuck up a shell in the vise in a tiny garage, take out the punch, grab a hammer and try to punch out the primer.

Tick tick BOOM. I didn't hear right for a couple days.

Thread Information