Help. 08 Fx sho slower then it should be.

Hey guys. I'm new to green hulk & Wasn't sure we're to post this but here goes nothing. My ski is an 08 fx sho cruiser. 227 hours. Mod list- R&D intake manifold sleve and intercooler CFM kit, riva intake grate & pump seal kit, home made cold air intake, candoo GPS speedometer sensor and a "riva prop" (not sure which one, that's what previous owner told me) it was winterized correctly, now has new plugs and fresh oil change. I rode it all last summer and felt fine but I wasn't as into performance as I am now and never took notice as to where my RPM was last year.... And the stock speedo was broken most of summer

problem- on flat perfect river conditions ski only does 61mph and I'm only seeing 6800-7000 RPM. From my understanding a stock ski should see 7400 rpm and about 66mph. I have checked spinning the charger and seems to be fine, oil level is on full line when floating in water, and rode without seat for better air flow inhull and to listen for noise and sounds good but didn't make a difference. Buddy's bone stock txt 215 is waxing my ass terribly... Lol Does anyone have any idea as to what my issue might be?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

+1
    Hi,

You have to measure the fuel pressure about 50psi at first and after check if you loose some air pressure. Only if the engine is ok at compression test about 120 psi/cylinder.
    Sergiu

Quote Originally Posted by SOV View Post
    Hi,

You have to measure the fuel pressure about 50psi at first and after check if you loose some air pressure. Only if the engine is ok at compression test about 120 psi/cylinder.
    Sergiu

Okay so compression test should show 120psi per cylinder and fuel pressure should be at 50psi. I'll order the inline fuel pressure gauge now and I'll compression test it this week. Thanks for the lead.

+1
    could be the prop, if its too tall you will loose rpms and top speed, might be worth checking the prop. doubt if its the engine if it runs fine up to 61 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    could be the prop, if its too tall you will loose rpms and top speed, might be worth checking the prop. doubt if its the engine if it runs fine up to 61 mph.
    I talked to a Yamaha ski mechanic the other day and he thinks the same thing with the prop and he thinks I have a small boost leak somewhere between the charger and the head.... Being as I just did the ribbon delete and CFM kit from R&D. He thinks the intake manifold gasket is shot or the RTV didn't seal right around the intercooler CFM spacer. Thanks man. I'll post back on here once I figure it out

Thread Information