Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Energycoil aftermarket coils - let the discussion begin!

I sent an inquiry to Energycoil, Inc for more information and here is my conversation with the President of the company.

Reference: http://www.energycoil.com/product/sea-doo-rxt-260-copy/

JT, Good day! Thanks for your inquiry. Yes the coils are sold in a set of 3 for $529.99. Generally most people run the stock plug and then the gap will depend upon how much boost you run or what your engine combination is. What all do you have done to your engine and how much boost are you running? If you have any questions please feel free to call me anytime. So for now have a great day and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Val Dick
    President
    Energycoil Inc.
    Email:
    [email protected]
    Cell: 250-581-0958

Val,

Thank you for your quick response.

I am a recreational rider with a highly modified ski, because I am nuts! My engine has been rebuilt professionally due to OEM flywheel bolt failure. It consists of Motec M130 ECU, complete head work, porting, light weight valves, springs retainers, block guard, CP pistons, Carrillo rods, lightened crank shaft, lightened flywheel, ET 68-140 Supercharger putting out 15.5-16.7 psi of boost, 1000cc injectors, rear air, etc, etc.

The OEM plug is the NGK #4339 DCPR8E and remove the top cap and standard gap is 0.030. I have also tried the Denso IXU27 plug with no difference in performance.

I would think your coil would work better with the cap ON vice OFF like the NGK plug and OEM coils. Can you elaborate on this specific subject?

Several of my buddies have the same engine modifications and have converted to Turbo's running 18-22+ psi boost. What plug and gap would you recommend for the higher boost applications?

Your product came up in a discussion on the
    www.greenhulk.net forum in the Seadoo section. If you could provide some more detailed information about these coils other than what is on your website, you have the potential for increased sales!
    Using the incredible Motec M130 ECU we have the capability to log and analyze changes like this back to back and have documented proof of improvements. I look forward to doing such a test. I don't want to waste time trying different plugs and gaps and would prefer to start with a proven combination that you guys know to work. If that is the stock NGK plug that is fine.

Trust me, inquiring minds want to know more about energy coils!

Sincerely,

John "JT" Thornton

JT, Thanks for the reply. Well if you are on greenhulk then you would know of Jesus Garcia from MRG racing in Dubai. The cap on versus the cap off plug connection depends on the set up needed for engine. The one thing is with our coils when you are using your spark plug as in stock with no spark plug nut on the top just the threads our coils will click on like the oem coil then you give it 2 turns clockwise and thread it onto the spark plug for full thread contact all the energy goes directly to plug. We have run our coils all the way up to 42 lbs of boost in some applications. Plug gap will vary with boost and in your case I would recommend .026"-.028". Opening the gap up big is not always the solution and requires more energy to ionize and jump the gap, which in turn is not energy that goes to spark. Your stock coil has a spark discharge time of approx. .8ms and our coil has a spark discharge time of 1.4-1.6ms almost twice the spark discharge.
    A cylinder pressure increase so the need for voltage to increase to overcome pressure. Think of cylinder pressure as electrical pressure as your cylinder pressure increases with boost pressure the voltage has more to overcome to spark. That is why we developed our coil to increase voltage by demand similar to how a injector senses duty cycle load. We have used our coils a lot with Motec systems in all forms of powersports and they work very well. You can set your dwell timing in the Motec and our dwell time is between 1.9-2.4ms where as most oem stock coils have a dwell time between 3 - 4.5 ms. Our coil charges twice as fast as a oem production coil. We have had good results using stock plugs and the gaps that I stated.
    We have done our fair share of testing with our product and the watercraft world is just starting to learn about the benefits of our coils. Jesus at MRG has had great success with our coils and I have worked with Jesus for the last 8 months testing in many different engine combinations. I would be more then happy to send you Jesus email and you can contact him for his thoughts and set ups. JT if you have questions just give me a call and we can discuss. Feel free to call anytime.

Thanks,
    Val

Let the comments and discussion begin.

Good work JT.

Looks like you need to be the guinea pig and get a set and log back to back.

Sounds a plausible improvement in technical terms, whether it will deliver real improvements??

Jesus is a solid source.

3. +1 by:

Well jesus have the logger for OEM ecu and can see how ecu reacts to them.

+1
    Nice! Thx JPT. How about a group buy

+1
    Well......all that i can say about this coils is that they are amazing..... I already wrote in one post some examples abou the feedback of some of the riders i sell this coils.

The benefits (under my experience) are:

-More and stronger aceleration
    -Better combustion
    -Help to prevent deto ( i dont know how exactly ) but with this coils i can go more high timing without deto or ignition retard )
    - Easy to tune....the AFR (or Lambda) is more smooth, more constantly...in the graph you can see how there is less shaking in the line

Last round of World Championchip in Qatar one of my rider get a problem with a water leak after free practice and one of the coils start to dont work properlu, so i didnt had another energy coils...we decide to install company coil for the second moto...the rider when to tested....no more than 300meters and he cameback to me....he just told me " Jesus i dont mind how you will do it, but fix the red coils and install them again...i lost a lot of aceleration."....

Well...of course you can not expect make miracle just with this coils, but with the right setup i can assure you you will feel the difference...100%

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post
    Well......all that i can say about this coils is that they are amazing..... I already wrote in one post some examples abou the feedback of some of the riders i sell this coils.

-Better combustion
    -Help to prevent deto ( i dont know how exactly ) but with this coils i can go more high timing without deto or ignition retard )
    - Easy to tune....the AFR (or Lambda) is more smooth, more constantly...in the graph you can see how there is less shaking in the line

Last round of World Championchip in Qatar one of my rider get a problem with a water leak after free practice and one of the coils start to dont work properlu, so i didnt had another energy coils...we decide to install company coil for the second moto...the rider when to tested....no more than 300meters and he cameback to me....he just told me " Jesus i dont mind how you will do it, but fix the red coils and install them again...i lost a lot of aceleration."....

Well...of course you can not expect make miracle just with this coils, but with the right setup i can assure you you will feel the difference...100%
    So other than seat of the pants racer feedback do you have any solid evidence of any kind of gain ? Such as the need to add or take away fuel due to a cleaner burn ?
    Any kind of before and after log? In my opinion if the ski ran better/ harder out of the hole, ect... You would have seen something in the log and possibly needed an adjustment here and there . ??

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    In my opinion if the ski ran better/ harder out of the hole, ect... You would have seen something in the log and possibly needed an adjustment here and there . ??
    what he said!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    In my opinion if the ski ran better/ harder out of the hole, ect... You would have seen something in the log and possibly needed an adjustment here and there . ??
    what he said!
    When are you going to become a dealer for these?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post

-Better combustion

So other than seat of the pants racer feedback do you have any solid evidence of any kind of gain ? Such as the need to add or take away fuel due to a cleaner burn ?
    Any kind of before and after log? In my opinion if the ski ran better/ harder out of the hole, ect... You would have seen something in the log and possibly needed an adjustment here and there . ??
    All you need to know is they are better any you should buy some right away...stop wasting time.

Yeah what about the 10% Greenhulk discount. Oh yeah I guess you would have to be selling them first. My bad...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information