Vtech tune and warranty (also anyone in tampa,fl with a map tuner?)

I finally purchased my first spark and had it out today on the lake and was very impressed overall. I was a little ehh about grabbing the 60hp even though i planned to tune it but to my surprise it was a blast to ride.

I do still plan to tune it but had a couple questions. I went ahead with the extended warranty(wifes suggestion)..But i did ask about the tuning and if the ski would still be covered, was told it would be. I just want to know if i was told the truth or not. I know how salesmen can be and IF NOT where does it state that its not covered? I believe this can be cancelled at any time and if its true its not covered i will cancel that immediately because again the plan is to tune this baby.

The other question was, is there anyone in tampa florida area that has a map tuner that would be so nice to tune the ski (obviously i have to purchase the lic. for this ski). Could toss a few bucks for the hassle of course. Thanks for any and all input!

+1
    BRP and warranty don't belong in the same sentence

Just buy the map tuner box.
    It does much more EG read errors and can clear them reset maintenance light and change tunes as you want.
    Re tune back to 60hp stock when taking back for any dealer work first.
    Also clear history.

+1
    So does the tune cancel the warranty or not?

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    I finally purchased my first spark and had it out today on the lake and was very impressed overall. I was a little ehh about grabbing the 60hp even though i planned to tune it but to my surprise it was a blast to ride.

I do still plan to tune it but had a couple questions. I went ahead with the extended warranty(wifes suggestion)..But i did ask about the tuning and if the ski would still be covered, was told it would be. I just want to know if i was told the truth or not. I know how salesmen can be and IF NOT where does it state that its not covered? I believe this can be cancelled at any time and if its true its not covered i will cancel that immediately because again the plan is to tune this baby.

The other question was, is there anyone in tampa florida area that has a map tuner that would be so nice to tune the ski (obviously i have to purchase the lic. for this ski). Could toss a few bucks for the hassle of course. Thanks for any and all input!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointhunter75 View Post
    So does the tune cancel the warranty or not?
    demented - If you did not get that in writing from the dealer rep., you may very well find out he was just pulling your leg.

Pointhunter - same for you - only way to know for sure is to ask, and get it IN WRITING, if they say they'll still honor warranty.

+1
    Thanks, I don't have a spark but I'm thinking about it. I'm riding a 95 xp. Love the thing. I'd like to know how similar the spark is.

+1
    I have it on good authority that a tune will definitely affect BRP warranty, that is why you must reflash to stock before going to the dealer ...

+1
    Even if you flash back to stock the dealer can still tell you had a flash if they look.

+1
    If you clear all ... All peak values will reset and won't see any max rpm ... Run it on stock tune on tap for 30 sec and all normal values will be seen ..

unless the motor is toast then u won't be able to run it ..

Thread Information