Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TLR Performance porting available for 15F/Ultra250X

Hey guys, I am offering two types of port work for the fourstrokes Kawi,Yami and Seadoo for those who are interested in getting more horsepower and/or reliabilty. For the two types of port work there is one for more bottom/mid and the other is mid to top. The reliablity side is I can install better seats for helping to pull heat out, better flow capabilities and valve tolerances last longer with Ti valves. The head can also be decked on some heads for a little more compression and still burn 92 pump. This is a mod for you guys that have the capablity to remove and replace the head. There is about a two to four horse power gain from porting and seat work per cylinder with the proper tuning. I have just finished a couple of Ultra 250X heads so I'm waiting on feed back from those customers. Probably next week. Call for pricing 386-752-8262. Also if you get your exhaust extrude honed on the 250X make sure that you tell the guys there to not remove to much on the top exhaust peice (the one that has the aluminum cover plate on the outside) which I call the mid pipe there was a casting flaw and with extrude hone process made it go through the divider in the middle. It was very hard to weld.

Thanks for your time
    Todd Lachance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawi head 2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	453.6 KB 
ID:	21891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF 250 Head 005.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	21892  

+1
    It will be interesting to see what the results are.

Welcome to the green Hulk Forums!!!

the ski with the ported head is finsh running in . no gps numbers , rained this weekend . i never road a stock ski , i have no way to do an comparison .i will race this weekend cumming. the engine is stock apart from the porting . an i will not buy the first parts that come available .the only thing as powerfull as the new ski was my tlr triple pipe gpr (the beast),this thing jump out of the water if you hit it hard

Angry PFFffff !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    the ski with the ported head is finsh running in . no gps numbers , rained this weekend . i never road a stock ski , i have no way to do an comparison .i will race this weekend cumming. the engine is stock apart from the porting . an i will not buy the first parts that come available .the only thing as powerfull as the new ski was my tlr triple pipe gpr (the beast),this thing jump out of the water if you hit it hard

You can't do serious job unless you know your craft well in its stock form !
    How could it be different ?
    The main problem is we trust every one. We just duplicate what we use to do on gprs, XP..stx-r and so on...we do on 4 strokes, what we use to do on 2 strokes...

Believe be...do it step by step. Try, if it works...go on..if it does not..you know where it comes from.

Don't forget you already have 250 horses power. for 1.5l in a marine environment, and lots of vibration. 4 or even 10 more horses power won't do a big difference, and it s far better to have a pump well sealed. People try to gain horses power, but don't even take the time to do a "metrologic" job on the engine; Witch is the basic !!

Now that i consider myself experienced, i won't jump anymore one the first scoop grate, sponsons, swirl..and so forth. A lot of people are trying to make business on you. For exemple..the riva sponsons: no interest at all !! the stock are far better. The only gain you surely get, is to get thrown... If you wan't to be competitive, just train as hard as you can, as often as you can, and do the mods you are sure you can rely on.

just my two cents

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the results are.

Welcome to the green Hulk Forums!!!
    Poof!

In my non proffesional review I have found no major differance in the porting of this head. It wasnt needed in the 15F and not needed for the 250.

That and once you go and port this head you can insure your warrantee is vioded. Just not worth the money doing the porting or risking the warrantee for such a small if any performace gain from this motor.

Just a reply

I just talked to one of the guys this morning and he had told me that he posted something on here and wouldn't say what. So I came on here to see and like you guys I was like what. Well, I would like to say that as far as warranties of course alot of people now that if you go into your motor that's it NO WARRANTY. Depending on the shop you take it to I have had dealer honor warranties because they new that I had built the motors. But the warranties wouldn't be on the engine, only surrounding components. Motors never broke. Warranties are not valid in Bermuda.This guy is in Bermuda and they have very high salt content there. I've built allot of race boats for customers there back in the day and I would build it here in Florida salt or fresh water testing and take it there and they always lost 300-400 RPM somtimes more. So after the frist couple times I new how to set them up for them so the RPM's and performance was correct. The other is if the head is done correctly there is always a gain somewere. This one was done for acceleration, so it should lauch hard and the top speed should be higher still do to more flow. I told him to drag race a stock 250 an there isn't any there yet. You should see some GPS numbers at least by the weekend. Sorry for not keeping up with the post. I'm very busy.

I'll try to get the other guys to post but they told they didn't want anybody knowing who they were. Sorry. Most be racing stock class.

PEACE

head porting on 4 strokes supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    In my non proffesional review I have found no major differance in the porting of this head. It wasnt needed in the 15F and not needed for the 250.

That and once you go and port this head you can insure your warrantee is vioded. Just not worth the money doing the porting or risking the warrantee for such a small if any performace gain from this motor.
    Hi Skip..

you are absolutely right.
    You must not port head on anyTurbocharged engine (compressor). We used to do that on non supercharged engine, especialy 2 strokes. Anyone who wants to improve the performances on a supercharged engine may even decrease the "pression" by adding a head gasget...
    The only result you can get by porting the head in the way it has been described is loosing rpms...

The first thing to do, the basics, is to do a good "metrology" on all engine components...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    Hi Skip..

you are absolutely right.
    You must not port head on anyTurbocharged engine (compressor). We used to do that on non supercharged engine, especialy 2 strokes. Anyone who wants to improve the performances on a supercharged engine may even decrease the "pression" by adding a head gasget...
    The only result you can get by porting the head in the way it has been described is loosing rpms...

The first thing to do, the basics, is to do a good "metrology" on all engine components...

I fail to see your reasoning here. Porting a head doesn't have to increase compression, it can just make the engine breathe better. This will help any engine, charged or NA. By the way, you use the word turbocharged and supercharged in the same breath...there is a difference you must know.

Richard

Richard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information