Intake Grate for a 2014 RXP-X

Hello all, I was looking at the Riva and R&D intake grates and wanted to know if one is better then the other?

I know the R&D claims to add 3mph top speed and the Riva says will not affect top speed. Is one really better then the other? I do a lot of back trail riding and also some long trips in the ocean from NJ to DE.

Any input would be great.

TIA

Hay the riva intake grate is like the stock one i did not try the r&d yet the worx intake grate is really good for hookup

3. +1 by:

+1
    Yes Worx is phenomenal for hookup and getting out of hole. Is aggressive so will wipe a bit of top end but you will get there quicker. Loads up better in rough water too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd View Post
    Hay the riva intake grate is like the stock one i did not try the r&d yet the worx intake grate is really good for hookup
    Where are you getting ghis information?

The riva grate is way better and different than the stock grate unless they've done something new for 2015. I tested it against the stock grate up to about 80 with no loss of top speed. The hook up is at another level even for the px.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

The riva grate is way better and different than the stock grate unless they've done something new for 2015. I tested it against the stock grate up to about 80 with no loss of top speed. The hook up is at another level even for the px.
    Same experience with the riva

I was reading the rxt thread about the r&d grate pulling to the right at speeds over 70. Is anyone having this issue on the rxp-x?

+1
    i have the r and d grate and saw a solid 1 mph gain from it, but it did pull to the right on me. I shaved it down on the one side and it minimized my pull to the right.

[QUOTE=DinoMite;2546612]

The riva grate is way better and different than the stock grate unless they've done something new for 2015. I tested it against the stock grate up to about 80 with no loss of top speed. The hook up is at another level even for the px.[/QU
    way better are u sure about it ? tbh i tested the riva gate did not like it for me it is like stock one worx is better for me with the hock up and how the ski go throw chops riva gate dont even come close

I ended up going with the riva grate. I haven't had my stock one off yet on this ski but do I need to run a bead of caulk around it or anything when I swap the grates? I remember that was needed on my old skis.

+1
    all this intake grates are plug and play or you need to change impeller or something else?you need another prop(14/19 solas R?)

Thread Information