Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lake Conroe, TX

Post Lake Conroe, TX

South of DFW north of H-town. Conroe Huntsville area. Any riders on this forum ride near here? I'm out on the lake most days and every good weekend. And there are some nice local folks who ride the fresh water it's not a crowded lake but there are many launches. And bar/grille places to tie off and check out all this beautiful state has to offer.. Tex-mex and country girls. Oh. And the best economy in the U.S. this a growing area and the water is getting nice.

+1
    Do you have a boat ramp you recommend for PWC. I used Scott Ridge one time that was good. Do recommend or know if others on Lake Conroe?

There is a free launch at the end of Fm830 that I use to launch at...but Lake Conroe not being a crowded lake? Are you sure you have the right lake in mind? LOL!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Clean SUV View Post
    There is a free launch at the end of Fm830 that I use to launch at...but Lake Conroe not being a crowded lake? Are you sure you have the right lake in mind? LOL!!
    Last year It was busy and the water was rough but I had space to run open out in the middle. That was until I was in the cove by Hwy 105. The restraunts and fuel area. It was chaos in that area.

+1
    Did you check out the island in the middle of the lake ? Used to go there every weekend and launch at FM 830. Stopped going, too many unsafe jet skiers and boaters, plus seemed the marine patrol had a thing for pulling over skis.

+1
    mark.. you thinking road trip?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    mark.. you thinking road trip?
    Yeah it is fun to ride a different area for a weekend anyway! 21,000 acres and it is mostly choppy when I was there.

+1
    I ride Lake Conroe.....during the week. Forget weekends and holidays, its a Zoo! Most of the shore line is bulkheaded and with heavy traffic and/or winds this lake is like a giant bathtub.

Other nearby lakes are Lake Livingston and Lake Somerville. Somerville is the smallest but the best of the 3 in that its an Army Corp of Engineering lake.....natural shore line. But again on weekends or holidays.......forgetabout!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I ride Lake Conroe.....during the week. Forget weekends and holidays, its a Zoo! Most of the shore line is bulkheaded and with heavy traffic and/or winds this lake is like a giant bathtub.

Other nearby lakes are Lake Livingston and Lake Somerville. Somerville is the smallest but the best of the 3 in that its an Army Corp of Engineering lake.....natural shore line. But again on weekends or holidays.......forgetabout!
    Your right about it being a bathtub! the water was 91* and choppy.

If you want smooth clean water to ride head over to the LSJ (Lower San Jacinto River). I use Good Times Marina to launch and run down river.

I don't have a day set in stone yet but Memorial weekend I plan to launch my Challenger 180 from Good Times and run all the way to Galveston Bay, have lunch at Outriggers, and head back north. It's an 80 mile round trip ride and I think you guys would enjoy it. You are welcome to join me if you'd like.

I'm actually thinking of taking the boat out this weekend to the LSJ for a quick ride to run some fuel through it and give it a bath for the following weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information