Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about YES Yamaha Extended Service

Anyone have any experience with this warranty? do you think its worth it? I just got a FX SVHO last august and declined the YES, but i've seen some people on here with chain issues on the SVHO. Found the warranty on ebay for $725, i would imagine replacing the chain would run north of 725 if it were to break? Anything i should look out for as far as fine print? I know it does not cover any type of normal wear and tear.

thanks

+1
    I assume the 725 was for 4 more years for a total of 5. I thought members had posted somewhere for a little less unless you were in Florida. Read the fine print on mine. I was lucky as it was a Yamaha free incentative. As you said, no wear and tear items covered. Any mods may negate the warranty. You do need to document normal scheduled service such as oil changes and proper winterization being done. Other than that, it's pretty simple. Here is a link to the contract if you've never had a chance to read it. https://www.yocracing.com/docs/yescontract.pdf

ya there was one that was cheaper, but i got the SVHO and i guess that one cost more money than the non supercharged ones.

+1
    I got my 48 month for my FX SVHO for $550 from here.

http://www.yamahapart.com/category/4879/yamaha-yes

check this thread for more info:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=228952

Steve

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by truwrxtacy View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this warranty? do you think its worth it? I just got a FX SVHO last august and declined the YES, but i've seen some people on here with chain issues on the SVHO. Found the warranty on ebay for $725, i would imagine replacing the chain would run north of 725 if it were to break? Anything i should look out for as far as fine print? I know it does not cover any type of normal wear and tear.

thanks
    Yes it's worth it.
    The parts alone on these things cost a small fortune, and the repairs on these SC 4 strokes can be very expensive. We haven't had any trouble from our Yamahas at all, but we had to have over $15,000 in warranty repairs on our Sea-Doos so it's definitely worth it, as long as you're not doing major mods.

thanks guys! i think i will purchase it for the piece of mind

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by truwrxtacy View Post
    thanks guys! i think i will purchase it for the piece of mind
    For $550 you would be crazy not to with a SVHO. I never buy warranties but did on mine.

Steve

+1
    If I buy the warranty off the site skamp linked above, how does it work exactly? How do I link it or tie the warranty to my ski? When I purchase it, do they mail me some forms that I feel out and then I mail the forms back? I bought my ski on 6/7/14. Is it too late for me to take advantage of this?

its not too late, you have a 1 year factory warranty, what i did was i purchased it, then called them and they got my HIN number and sent me a temp card, and said yamaha will send me the offical docs in a few weeks

+1
    Awesome, thanks for the reply

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information