2008 rxp 215 seadoo wont start right

1. Hi all. I tried to start my ski and it went click at the starter solenoid 2008 with 80 hours on her. I changed the starter solenoid and check the push/stop start button and it was good. I also checked all fused and good. Battery is two years old reads 12.0 volts and 9.6 when I hit the start button. It just goes click .. so I hooked up the battery charger and still click. however when I jump the solenoid a few times it and it takes a few of holding the wrench on it she did start up. I pulled the plugs and checked for water and everything looked good. She still did not turn over with plugs out either. It is very hard to see/reach starter on this ski any ideas or advice would be very helpful I think it is the starter.

I had to replace starter relay, it goes slowly, sometimes it would start, or just click. Then it just goes bad won't start at all. Easy fix.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ALYSSA11 View Post
    1. Hi all. I tried to start my ski and it went click at the starter solenoid 2008 with 80 hours on her. I changed the starter solenoid and check the push/stop start button and it was good. I also checked all fused and good. Battery is two years old reads 12.0 volts and 9.6 when I hit the start button. It just goes click .. so I hooked up the battery charger and still click. however when I jump the solenoid a few times it and it takes a few of holding the wrench on it she did start up. I pulled the plugs and checked for water and everything looked good. She still did not turn over with plugs out either. It is very hard to see/reach starter on this ski any ideas or advice would be very helpful I think it is the starter.

I would charge the battery or try a new battery first, 12.0V is low to start with and 9.6V when pushing the start button is not enough to crank it over. A fully charged battery should be around 13.0V.

The starter solenoids are a known weak item I usually replace mine every two years as they are cheap and getting stuck on the water is no fun.

I am going to install a new battery in the am. I put a new solenoid on one that is black and all plastic.

Is that the same as starter solenoid?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ALYSSA11 View Post
    Is that the same as starter solenoid?
    If it has two big red wires attached that is the starter solenoid.

Also check the condition of the main ground connection on the front of the block above the battery. Sometimes this can corrode and cause all kinds of electrical problems.

I put a new battery and new starter solenoid.It still clicks at solenoid and now and at the starter it clicks. If I jump the solenoid and keep sparking it the engine will start after while. I also checked the start stop switch it is good. Gonna clean the ground connection on block if that don't work I guess order a starter.

Hi guys I can't see the starter at all any suggestions? My hubby is a disabled vet he cant see inside the compartment enough to tell me what to do.

Do you have a small mirror you can use to perhaps get a look around where you can't otherwise see?
    Last edited by Cuisi; 05-15-2015 at 12:40 PM. Reason: already mentioned

Thread Information