Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spray lube

Spray lube

Ive heard people talk about a spray lube/corrosion inhibitor thats good for all the aluminum and rubber on the skiis. Cant remember what its called. What is a good one to use?

+1
    We've been using Fluid Film $33.10 for a 3 pack on Amazon. But you will also need the Extension Wand $17.50 in order to get to those hard to reach places like the underside.

+1
    I use Lanox. Safe on metal and rubber. Sold at most ACE hardware stores.

+1
    +1 on Fluid Film. It is now sold at Lowes stores as well (as of last month).

+1
    Another one for Fluid Film. It works wonders on sticky door locks. Even ignition switches on the car.

rbuscher,

I spray Fluid Film with the following http://www.kellsportproducts.com/fluidfilmwand.html makes it easy to hit those difficult spots. " It is a 24" wand with a 360° nozzle. This is great for getting in the inaccessible areas. (jet ski's, car doors, marine engines, etc)"

Hands down if you ride in salt I highly recommend using Fluid Film. A few months ago I had to take my two WaveRunners in for hull paint warranty work and the Yamaha mechanic took a look at the engines and hoses he said keep doing what you are doing they look great.

Good Luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SamVX View Post
    rbuscher,

I spray Fluid Film with the following http://www.kellsportproducts.com/fluidfilmwand.html makes it easy to hit those difficult spots. " It is a 24" wand with a 360° nozzle. This is great for getting in the inaccessible areas. (jet ski's, car doors, marine engines, etc)"

Hands down if you ride in salt I highly recommend using Fluid Film. A few months ago I had to take my two WaveRunners in for hull paint warranty work and the Yamaha mechanic took a look at the engines and hoses he said keep doing what you are doing they look great.

Good Luck!
    Believe what this guy says! Those are the same products as in my post, but better prices. $14.50 instead of $17.50 for the wand, both with free shipping. However, if you peruse KellSport's site just a little, you'll find the "Fluid Film Kits" button on the upper left. Mouse over it and then choose "Assortment Kits" and then scroll down until you get to the "JetSki and Boaters Kit." For the same 3 cans of Fluid Film and the wand, their cost is $44.50 with free shipping whereas the Amazon price would be $50.60.

Thanks for the heads up, Sam!!!

I use cry 656. Comes in a gallon and cost around 25ish dollars. Throw in a squirt bottle and spray. The only thing I dont like when I tried the fluid film is wrenching on the ski after the fact. Been using crc for years and have 0 corrosion inside or out. I also spray the leaf springs after my rides as I am in salt and I have 0 rust and original paint still on the leaf springs after 5 years of heavy salt use only.

+1
    CRC 656? Correct. Stupid spell check

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    I use cry 656. Comes in a gallon and cost around 25ish dollars. Throw in a squirt bottle and spray. The only thing I dont like when I tried the fluid film is wrenching on the ski after the fact. Been using crc for years and have 0 corrosion inside or out. I also spray the leaf springs after my rides as I am in salt and I have 0 rust and original paint still on the leaf springs after 5 years of heavy salt use only.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    CRC 656? Correct. Stupid spell check

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    yep, CRC - 656 marine. I buy it by the gallon and put it in a spray bottle. I use it this 85% of the time and the rest I use fluid film, it's just to expensive for regular use. I also like the way CRC smells over fluid film, fluid film sticks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information