Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2005 Kawasaki STX15F - How many Hours are OK?

Hi everyone- I'm brand new to the forum, and hoping to soon have my first PWC!

I've come across a very clean and well-maintained (looking) 2005 Kawasaki STX15F, with over 160 hours on it. Should I be scared off by the hours, or is it not an issue if the machine is well maintained and runs well?

Thanks in advance (sorry the text is soo big, not sure what happened there)

Mike

+1
    I picked up a 2005 Stx 12F great shape but had to replace the fuel pump it has 95 hours on it.

Thanks Firestomper247 : )

+1
    If you like to tinker, then walk away from the deal. The only thing you should be scared of is having to ride it another 1000 hours before you get the opportunity to fix anything.

+1
    the motors are reliable ...both 12f and 15f

if you are concerned, do a compression test on the motor. Each cylinder should be within 10% of each other. Cylinders will probably have 120 psi in each or more.

+1
    Mine has 150 hours on it & nothing has been done to the engine, make sure to take it for a test ride & that is reaches max rpms, (around 7500) all I ever do is change the oil once a year & the spark plugs every 2 years.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I sold my 2006 12f at 306hr, new owner has clocked it upto 410hr since Xmas when he got it ...

ZERO trouble..... just oil changes , it still lives in my shed so I know its still running great

Waz

+1
    I have 460 hrs on my 2006. No major issues. Just maintenance stuff. It's starting to show its age, but I beat it pretty good and it just keeps going.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sortsol View Post
    I have 460 hrs on my 2006. No major issues. Just maintenance stuff. It's starting to show its age, but I beat it pretty good and it just keeps going.
    Have you ever had the valve shim adjustment done? I haven't done mine & was wondering if its really necessary.

160hrs. Its not even broken in yet. Ive been doing some research on the STX-15f because im wanting to purchase one in the future. Im going to get a brand new one because We can buy it for $14k AUD fully regd on trailer drive away no more to pay. Ive spoke to a Kawai dealer last week who showed me a rental jetski that he services regularly for someone that had 690hrs on it. The hull had a lot of scratches all over it because of so many different people riding it, But the inside of the hull and then mechanicals were in excellent shape. The ski gets flushed and sprayed with liquid lanolin every day after use. The impeller was replaced because someone who rented it pick up a rock someplace and damaged it and had to towed back to shore. That's the reason why it was in getting work done on it. Nothing to do with reliability, Just people who are inexperienced on how to handle a PWC. He said that the owner had earlier STX-15fs and one had 2800hrs on it. The dealer said that the reason why todays used jetskis have so many hrs on them is because of there reliability and the excellent fuel economy they all have My STX-1100 only does 70kms or 2hrs run time on a tank of fuel. The stx-15f can get 6 to 7hrs run time on the exact same size tank. If your happy with the price then go for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information