Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just to be sure, the only fuel filter on a 2002 virage di

Is the fuel filter on the fuel pump assembly? Hoping soon to have another fuel pump soon, and get 20 to 25 psi, pressure regulator on current fuel pump in place, got zero fuel pressure while trying to crank, aswell as grounding the brown wire to fuel pump, ugh Memorial day is coming fast, and my ski is down!

Banned User
    +1
    Do you get fuel pressure if you clamp the return line? If you do, all that is needed is the regulator repair.

Did that too Matrix, curious if the fuel pump diaphragm is bad, will the pump sound like its working? You could hear it run, when grounding brown wire.

Banned User
    +1
    There is no diaphragm that I am aware of. Its an electric pump. If the pump runs it probably will provide the needed fuel pressure. Do you hear the pump running? Are you sure your gauge works? What are you using for a gauge?

Gauge was tested on truck, worked fine, installed adapter to fit the smaller Schrader valve, did it twice, zero pressure, you could get fuel to spray, when pushing in the Schrader valve needle , but 1/4 inch line, wouldn't that make any pressure higher?

Banned User
    +1
    Which gauge are you using? My gauge has a hose attached with a bleed button. I had to press the button for a few seconds to get pressure to show on the gauge on mine.

Have similar gauge, could try that, but when testing it on truck, we just turned the key on, and got 50 psi right away! Can the pump run weak? You can hear it run, wish I knew the difference of good pump sound, and an insufficient sounding pump?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by elk river rascal View Post
    Gauge was tested on truck, worked fine, installed adapter to fit the smaller Schrader valve, did it twice, zero pressure, you could get fuel to spray, when pushing in the Schrader valve needle , but 1/4 inch line, wouldn't that make any pressure higher?
    Sometimes the little pin inside the schrader valve does not get properly pressed in when using the adapter. You may need to unscrew the schrader valve insert (I use an old bicycle valve cap that has the little lug that fit down into the valve to unscrew it).

Hose diameter does not change the static fuel pressure.

Will take that valve stem out, and try again this weekend, that will eliminate all doubt, kind of hoping it is the fuel pump, easy fix for me now.

Valve stem removed from Shrader valve, fuel pressure gauge installed, cranked 3 times, zero fuel pressure, you think its safe to say, the fuel pump is kaput? Should have fuel pump early next week. Installed new Bendix on starter, she cranks well now, that mechanical oil pump, last item to install, after Bendix replacement, lined it up with groove on flywheel nut cover, installed both 8mm bolts, secured bolts, looks aligned, but working in cramped place, is it possible to secure it, and not have pump in slot? Would hate to get her purring, only to trash the motor with lack of oil? It all appears simple, but sometimes that can get you too!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information