Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWC Graphics..

PWC Graphics..

Im looking to get some registration numbers from pwc graphics and I was just wondering what size and font people have gotten for their rxp's. I want something that looks nice. thanks

As far as size goes, you better check your states boating laws. I think here in Michigan they are supposed to be at least 3 inces tall and block style lettering (even though they probably won't ticket you for the letter styling, but my friend got a warning for this last year).

+1
    NY Law states that the numbers have to be 3 inches high and of a contrasting color to the hull. The space between the letters and the numbers has to be the width of any letter except the letter "i".
    Pick a color combo that matches the trim on your ski.

Richard

yeah, I checked pwc graphics and apparently they come in a standard size. I was just wondering what the best font is. I will probably get them in chrome one color.

Legally you may not have a choice of colors. Here is florida they have to be black. I see plenty of different ones and odd fonts but they are illegal and if you had a cop in a bad mood it could get ugly. Especially on PWCs when there not well liked in many areas.

+1
    [quote="jack"]Legally you may not have a choice of colors. Here is florida they have to be black. I see plenty of different ones and odd fonts but they are illegal and if you had a cop in a bad mood it could get ugly. Especially on PWCs when there not well liked in many areas.[/quote

You are completely wrong !! In Florida the letters/numbers have to be a SOLID color...any solid color is fine as long as it contrasts with the color of the hull. If you were to put black numbers on a 2006 black RXP hull they would be invisable and guess who would get a summons ?? The ones that are multi colored or have a different color border are considered illegal here in Flori-Dah !!!

Richard

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    or you can be like me and get over anxious to ride your ski IN THE WINTER when there's no one out there and the water barely broke 40 degrees. You just get your brand new RXT, play with it in the garage, get antsy and take it for a spin in cold weather and by chance the damn bay constable is out there on the same cold ass day and gives me a summons for not having registration numbers. it was registered, i had ergi paperowkr and the reg stocker, jsut not the reg. numbers on the hull... guy was a dick to me, oh well

that was a rough day... go into court, settle for a 50 dollar fine, go to cashier, turns out there's a 50 buck surcharge, so that was 100 bucks... go out to my car and find 200 dollars in parking tickets for parking in the middle of a multi-thousand spot parking lot... went to local police dept and i was like what did i do for these tickets i don't get it? he's like plead not guilty, we don't take tickets back..... in aggravation and being that i hate giong to court because it takes 3 hours, i paid the damn 200 bucks....

end cost of this extravaganza was 300 bucks in NY for taking a ride in the middle of winter with my brand new ski!

was well worth it tho

Yep, sorry about that, contrast is correct. Can you believe I got a 100% on my power squadren safe boaters coarse? What a knuckehead. How quicky I forget!

No wonder I flunked out of college.

numbers

Lotta talk about Florida registration numbers....Ive used all different fonts and colors on my last twelve skis and have never not ONCE been hassled about them. So long as the color is a good contrast and the font is very legible from a distance they will find a gadzillion other reasons to hassle you. Just use a little common sense when you have them made.

Mick

+1
    I actually use 2 1/2 inch reg numbers and cut the yearly reg sticker down to 2 1/2 inches so it looks uniform....the numbers are black. Never once was anything said about them. They pulled over our PWC club on a river run and bitched to those with multi colored numbers instead !!

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information