Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Required Documentations for Importing a PWC into Canada

Hello all;

Just inquiring if anyone know what is required for importing a PWC from the USA into Canada? I'm more interested in the Customs Border requirements vs licencing a vessel with Services Canada. I'm picking up a new Jetski next weekend in Ohio, I would like to have the necessary info required for Canada Customs ready when arriving at the boarder. BTW, it is a brand new machine bought from a dealer with a bill of sale if that makes any difference?

Thanks,

Chris

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'd be making this inquire direct to the customs service, a the last thing you want is some snafu trying to cross.

This way you have fully up to date info on hand to prepare for the crossing.

No doubt there is going to be duty..and it could be substantial and they might want it in cash or cashiers check.

making the direct inquire is your very best bet..and make sure it's made in the province you'll be crossing into.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    When the dollar was stronger and I was looking at the American market for a boat I was using this resource http://boating.ncf.ca/buy-usa.html

I haven't personally gone through the exercise but the people I know who have done it say it is exceptionally simple and quick.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    When the dollar was stronger and I was looking at the American market for a boat I was using this resource http://boating.ncf.ca/buy-usa.html

I haven't personally gone through the exercise but the people I know who have done it say it is exceptionally simple and quick.
    Thank you all for your valuable insight. I did call Customs Canada, they advised that I just have all of my documentation ready to go when arriving at the boarder. Very simple process after that.

Regards,

Chris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post

As it happens; I purchased a 2014 Kawasaki Ultra 310 X SE (Brand New) and as it was built in Lincoln NB, (anything built in the USA - no duty) there is no duty to be paid on the machine, just HST.

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by OakvilleUltra300X; 05-07-2015 at 03:35 PM.

+1
    I am curious what kind of deal you managed to get to make it worth while buying it in the US. Also, when I was looking at bringing a Kawi to Canada, I was told that the warranty was void. Bringing a ski across the border is a simple process as long as the paperwork is in line. I can't stress enough to be on the up and up on the pricing declared at the border.

+1
    I cant imagine with the current exchange rate you would benefit from coming to the US to buy. I have researched Canada to US and it looks very simple. Even simpler if you can get the seller to bring across the border for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I cant imagine with the current exchange rate you would benefit from coming to the US to buy. I have researched Canada to US and it looks very simple. Even simpler if you can get the seller to bring across the border for you.
    Gent's;

I too had my doubts. However, I did my entire research. And in all fairness I did the deal back in October 2014 (same price today) when the dollar was at 0.94 on the dollar. Paid in full and they kept it stored in the crate all winter until this coming week the agreed pick up date. As mentioned because it is built in the USA there is no Duty. I've done it twice before with two Harley Davidson's I bought. Plus I do not pay the dealer the state taxes and then have to claw it back later as an out of state resident. The price was $11,900 +399 Freight / Pdi that's it. Warranty is fully valid here one year from the in service date.

So having bought and paid when the dollar was still not too bad and getting the SE package I wanted it is a deal I cannot match here or even close.

Thanks,

Chris

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OakvilleUltra300X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Gent's;

I too had my doubts. However, I did my entire research. And in all fairness I did the deal back in October 2014 (same price today) when the dollar was at 0.94 on the dollar. Paid in full and they kept it stored in the crate all winter until this coming week the agreed pick up date. As mentioned because it is built in the USA there is no Duty. I've done it twice before with two Harley Davidson's I bought. Plus I do not pay the dealer the state taxes and then have to claw it back later as an out of state resident. The price was $11,900 +399 Freight / Pdi that's it. Warranty is fully valid here one year from the in service date.

So having bought and paid when the dollar was still not too bad and getting the SE package I wanted it is a deal I cannot match here or even close.

Thanks,

Chris
    Now that we have the whole story it makes sense I don't think you will have any issues.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have imported several personal watercraft into Canada. I have posted some import tips and info elsewhere on Greenhulk, just search for my member name and the keywords. I have linked some old threads below.

If you are also bringing a US trailer into Canada, there are specific requirements for the trailer documentation. The trailer can be more hassle than the PWC if you do not have your paperwork correct.

You can PM me if you have questions.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2342950

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1703349

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1174929

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...l=1#post554198

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...l=1#post544777
    Last edited by K447; 05-07-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information