Water flow through EMM

How forceful does the water flow through the EMM. Why I ask is my 19-year-old daughter really likes this jet ski but she asked me if I could make it shoot water up out the back like the others she has saw on the lake. If I reroute the water line coming out of the EMM and put some type of panel mount water fitting on the rear to shoot the water up do you think that it would affect or cause issues with the drivability of the jet ski or the EMM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have posted a video somewhere showing the flow from the external pisser I installed for my MSX 140 EMM water exit. The water flow and pressure through the EMM is modest overall, much less than the distinctive Yamaha 'visibility spout'.

Yamaha taps into the jet pump exit nozzle where the pressure is highest and that flow routes directly to the vertical water spout nozzle.

Which Ficht model and year do you have?

Banned User
    +1
    Funny, the first thing most Yamaha guys do is get rid of that feature. I find it to be an annoyance. Go out on a cool breezy day and get the wind hitting just right and you get a nice cold shower.

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    I concur. I liked the water spout on my FXHO because I thought it was neat, and when the wife is riding I can easily spot which ski is hers when she is riding a distance away, however as stated when the wind is blowing it's a little too cool!

Banned User
    +1
    There is a reason that it is commonly referred to as the "Gay spray"

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have posted a video somewhere showing the flow from the external pisser I installed for my MSX 140 EMM water exit. The water flow and pressure through the EMM is modest overall, much less than the distinctive Yamaha 'visibility spout'.

Yamaha taps into the jet pump exit nozzle where the pressure is highest and that flow routes directly to the vertical water spout nozzle.

I have a 03 MSX 140. I never thought of the nozzle exit and that would actually be easier to install. Since it's referred to as the gay spray maybe I should also install a small ball valve and only turn it on when she's riding it.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LM53 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

I have a 03 MSX 140. I never thought of the nozzle exit and that would actually be easier to install. Since it's referred to as the gay spray maybe I should also install a small ball valve and only turn it on when she's riding it.

Quite a few guys install the valve. The trick would be getting the sprayer mounted to the rear deck of the hull. I would think its more trouble than its worth.

8. +1 by:

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah, and it's not something that just clips on to the Polaris nozzle. It would require way more work than it's worth. Two rides later and you won't like it anyway.
    Next time the daughter says she wants it, just dump a bucket of ice cold water on her head and ask if she still wants it. Same concept, only you don't have to donate money anywhere, and you actually save money

+1
    Old yamahas just used a little plastic pipe on the steering nozzle. Redirected the water coming out to go up

Thread Information