Lafayette, LA

Exclamation Alligator Kills Human in New Orleans

Well, that could have been the headline. But it also could have been something to do with Darwinism.
    Quote Originally Posted by
    Authorities say an alligator may be the cause of a fatal wreck early Friday morning (May 8 ) in eastern New Orleans. The crash happened around 3:45 a.m. near the Michoud exit of Interstate 10 eastbound.

Police told our news partners at WVUE FOX 8 that investigators believe motorists in the middle lane were trying to swerve around a 5-foot alligator when the wreck happened.

The FOX 8 report said a van hit the gator and came to a complete stop in the middle lane. An 18-wheeler behind the van was slowing down when a Mitsubishi Eclipse passed the semi and rear-ended the van.

The driver of the Eclipse was killed in the wreck, and his name has not been released. A female passenger in the car and the driver of the van were taken to a hospital to be treated for their injuries.

Graphic photos (see them) from the scene show a wrecked vehicle with a gator that appears to have been run over. Emergency workers told FOX 8 the alligator later walked back to the bayou, minus a foot and part of its tail.

Two lanes of the interstate were closed during the investigation, but the roadway reopened as of 6:45 a.m.
    Last edited by K447; 05-08-2015 at 08:52 PM.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    speaking of Darwin-ism...

had a similar rcc ( real close call when an asshat started to pass me while I had a fully loaded trailer when he just didn't see the deer grazing a bit down the hill. Impatience nearly killed I was doing 10 under the limit..think I might have a reason? Of course they bolted, and he ended up in a ditch.

I had skis to drop off

be aware of local it gators in New Orleans

Deers and other big critters ( hit a coyote doing's big)

drunken pedestrians crossing las vegas blvd.

Thread Information