2007 13Gp1300R. What should I look for doing purchase???

Im going to go see a 07 1300 tomorrow. Im not new the ski world but new to the two stroke "race" skis. The pics the seller sent, the ski looked very clean. Anything in particular I should look for? under 90 hours on the unit.

Thank you for your time.

"New" Jersey
    Ask if the ski is totally stock or has had any modifications. If it has had mods, have them written down so you don't forget. When I buy something like a new ski, I know my mind goes to a million things and by the time I get home I forget what I was told. Ask if the engine ever had to be rebuilt or replaced. If it was replaced, ask who supplied the engine. Not all engine rebuilders are the same and the ones that offer the cheapest price often use the cheapest parts. Look under the ski for damage and pay attention to missing bolt heads. Lots of Loctite is used from the factory and bolts sometimes break. Take a good look at the prop and wear ring. Make sure the clearance is not excessive between them. If the catalytic converter has not been changed with a D-plate keep that in mind as it usually fails around those hours. If the d-plate was installed that's a good thing. By the time 2007 came around, the GPR was nearly bullet proof. The cat is the main thing that commonly fails. Make sure the gas is fresh and the battery is pretty new. Look for excessive silicone anywhere as it could lead to more questions about prior repairs. Other than that you should be in pretty good shape. Also ask why it's for sale and check the steering and trim cables to make sure they're not siezed.

Banned User
    Do a compression check. Must be at least 125psi on all 3 cly.

Thread Information