Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Found the limit of the stock prop (Stg 1+)

When my '04 was bone stock, I could only manage about 65 mph. With the free mod's (nose cone removed, rideplate holes filled, reverse bucket trimmed), I ran consistent 66.5 mph with a peak of 67.7 on an empty tank.

I installed a Riva 3" air intake, RR S/C impeller (Sundance's old supercharger), Riva grate, and Riva wedge today. I went out and tested and I'm pegged at a solid 8200 rpm with a peak speed of 69.9 mph. I'm 190 lb and I had 3 bars of fuel.

I was going to tweak the stock prop to get the rev's back down, but Greenhulk recommends a new one. What's the hot new prop? 3 blade? Also, can anyone guess what mph I'll run with a new prop?

Thanks,
    Mike

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    try a SKAT 3 blade 13/18

I would say its dependant on what you plan on doing in the future. If you are done modding the engine, a Solas 14/19r with 2mm added to it should be perfect.

Completely stock I was consistantly above 67mph. Fastest I ever ran with the stock prop (no repitch) was consistantly above 69mph with the Riva 3" intake, Riva grate, Riva pro opas blocks, and rideplate holes filled. Max speed though I hit above 69.5mph many times. I then added the solas 14/19r and the Riva pump wedge and my speeds instantly jumped to 71+mph.

Hey Mike I thought I reconized that screen name. Fancy meeting you here. I didn't know you were into Sea Doos too. This is Paul that USE to be a Thunder.

Paul

2006 Sea Doo Speedster 200 SCIC 430hp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    try a SKAT 3 blade 13/18
    I agree, 13/18. Not as fast on top as the 14/19r but much better bite all around.

+1
    I'm more interested in top speed anyway, so I may just go with the 4 blade 14/19R. May even get Jerry to tweak it before shipping.

Paul, I didn't know you were into these things either. I like your choice of boats, though. I suppose you saw the video's of the guy with 2 x Riva Stg 3's that went 72 mph? We should meet up on the river one day. Anyhow, I had a Sea-Doo HX for a few years, but finally got fed up with constant mechanical problems. I got my RXP last August and just started mod'ing it today. I think the propeller will be my last mod, though, because I don't want the same reliability problems my HX had.

+1
    I have run 71.4 with rideplate holes filled, riva grate and a 14/19r that is not tweaked.
    I ran over 69 consistantly before I did anything. Make sure your oil level is not above half between the bends on your dipstick.
    The 14/19r that I run is great out of the hole and has good top speed. I am sure that Jerry could even get a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Paul, I didn't know you were into these things either. I like your choice of boats, though. I suppose you saw the video's of the guy with 2 x Riva Stg 3's that went 72 mph? We should meet up on the river one day.
    Oh yeah I saw that vid for sure.

Yeah this is my 3rd Doo boat. I had a '96 15' Twin Speedster, a 99 Challenger 1800, and now my S200. I've had it for about a year and a half now. I just started modding it today too. Going to some 2 degree pump wedges and some custom 4" intakes. That should take me to the rev limiter so that'll be enough for now. Maybe later I'll do the SS wear rings and some impellers. The only thing that hurts with the boat is you gotta buy 2 of everything.

I think we'll go out for the first time of the year on Sunday. Yes we need to meet up sometime on the river for sure. Are you gonna make it down to Morgan City for the Mudbug ralley?

Paul

Nose cone removal?

Guys, Can anyone explain why the removal of the impeller nose cone is benifical?? I seen that this was listed as one of the free mods. Explain. Thanks DS
    or feel free to PM me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information