Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X 260 RS for rough conditions

Hi guys!

Long time reader, first time posting.
    I'm avaiting delivery of a 2015 rxpx, and would like some advise on the way to go when it comes to mods. I've been searching the forum and found some things, but still not totally happy. Most of the focus here is on top speed, rather than what i'm after.
    Looking to get a ski that accererates hard and handles in rough conditions, without loosing traction.
    Top end is always welcome, but not top priority.

My plan is to mod step by step to see the effects of each change. Let me know what your thoughts are on the following few first steps, no guessing please, but based on actual experience...

1) Vtech datalogger - To make sure everything is as it should be, for each later mod.
    2) Vtech maptuner - Easy to find a suitable map for each of the later stages, monitored by datalogger.
    3) Intake grate - Worx WR238 seems to be the choice for my requirements.
    4) Riva pro steering system - For adjustability. Haven't seen any reviews of this, are there any?
    5) Impeller, if needed... (Edited)

What do you think about the above as a first step? Any MUST do's i've missed? Will probably give me some idea of what more is needed for a winter project...

+1
    Welcome to the GH
    no stock ski will keep up with one with a bigger SC wheel
    if the boost comes in faster you will accelerate faster/harder
    Last edited by skidoochris; 05-10-2015 at 05:01 PM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Some 'reliability' mods:

- Buy yourself a shopmanual
    - Install a bilgepump, or better 2
    - Check ALL your hoseclamps
    - Check motor-alignment and carbonseal after first season
    - Keep reading on GH

Welcome and enjoy your new ski !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    Some 'reliability' mods:

- Buy yourself a shopmanual
    - Install a bilgepump, or better 2
    - Check ALL your hoseclamps
    - Check motor-alignment and carbonseal after first season
    - Keep reading on GH

Welcome and enjoy your new ski !!

GREAT advice.........FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Yeah, reliability is high on the list.
    1) I think i saw something about stronger engine mounts, is this an issue with T3's when riding in the rough? Any links on 'how to' strenghten them, in that case?
    2) Are there any big changes from 2012 to 2015 rxp-x 260 rs's? All parts interchangeable?
    3) Removing FA. Worthwhile air mod on it's own?
    4) Front storage. Can only find a small bin for this. Anyone make a big one to keep heavier things from going through the flimsy panel?
    Thanks!

Took delivery of my 2015 T3 earlier this week, only to find some nasty damage to the gelcoat before launching it... Took it back to the dealer that freed up 2 mechanics immediately to fix it.
    Anyway, have got 3+hours on it so far, including some offshore transits. Noticed that it looses hookup quite early in the chop. From other skis I see that the WORX is the better grate for those conditions. Have searched , but cannot find much info on WORX intake grate on the new T3 RXPX260´s. Anyone here using the WORX WR238 on their T3´s, that can comment on differences between this and the stock grate?

+1
    Reliability:
    I ride aggressive open ocean and my stock motor mounts failed. I highly recommend Rhaas mounts in the harder "race formula" as it better keeps the carbon/seal alignment. IMO; the stock and "recreational formula" are too soft and let the motor move more than it should (for ocean/rough conditions).

http://www.rhaasproducts.com
    Front = SD4TRBLDS3
    Rears = SD4TECREAR

Since you ride rough waters, first mod I would do is change to titanium retainers ASAP. I would actually do both springs and retainers but I'll let you decide that but titanium retainers would be a must! The consequences of a failed retainer is very costly.

Mods:
    As for vtech, I would start with an 8350 tune, logging and adjusting fuel will give a little mid/range kick. Just make sure if you plan to "autotune" you log in flat calm water first.

Stock prop works well. But if you want to change, I would go with a Solas 15/20R is you plan to stay close to the 8350 tune. The 15/19R if you plan to let it spin with higher tunes, but then you will also need to have supporting mods and change flywheel bolts.

3-blade Vs. 4-blade debate. I personally have not tried a 3-blade but the word is, it gives best hook up in chop/white water and better acceleration (at the cost of top speed). There is little feedback on specific 3-blade and what pitch works best with what. The Solas has many users so its easy to find what works for you without trial & error. I may try it someday but I'm very happy with my prop.

9. +1 by:

+1
    welcome to the board! Congrats on your new ski!

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Reliability:
    I ride aggressive open ocean and my stock motor mounts failed. I highly recommend Rhaas mounts in the harder "race formula" as it better keeps the carbon/seal alignment. IMO; the stock and "recreational formula" are too soft and let the motor move more than it should (for ocean/rough conditions).

Front = SD4TRBLDS3
    Rears = SD4TECREAR

Since you ride rough waters, first mod I would do is change to titanium retainers ASAP. I would actually do both springs and retainers but I'll let you decide that but titanium retainers would be a must! The consequences of a failed retainer is very costly.

Mods:
    As for vtech, I would start with an 8350 tune, logging and adjusting fuel will give a little mid/range kick. Just make sure if you plan to "autotune" you log in flat calm water first.

Stock prop works well. But if you want to change, I would go with a Solas 15/20R is you plan to stay close to the 8350 tune. The 15/19R if you plan to let it spin with higher tunes, but then you will also need to have supporting mods and change flywheel bolts.

3-blade Vs. 4-blade debate. I personally have not tried a 3-blade but the word is, it gives best hook up in chop/white water and better acceleration (at the cost of top speed). There is little feedback on specific 3-blade and what pitch works best with what. The Solas has many users so its easy to find what works for you without trial & error. I may try it someday but I'm very happy with my prop.

wow thanks for the lesson!!!!!

what is the difference of speed from stock prop and 15/20 r prop? with 8350 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Reliability:

Front = SD4TRBLDS3
    Rears = SD4TECREAR

Mods:

Appreciate it! I´m probably going for both springs and retainers with 8350 to start with. Planning to put in the engine mounts & Datalogger, flywheel bolts and some air mod over the winter. After that i´ll get an idea about what i need prop-wise.

Back to my intake grate question. Does anyone have any experience with
    WORX WR238 on their T3 RXPX?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information