+1

2006 fx repair advice

looking at a good deal on a 2006 fx cruiser ho, say engine runs but needs computer repair. Is this something easy or should i run?

Interesting way to advertise a ski. As far as I know there is no way to repair the ECU. At least I've never heard of anyone repairing one. That would mean as a minimum that you would need to replace the ECU (around $1200). You really wouldn't know if other things on the ski functioned properly without the ECU. I'm also surprised the engine runs with a ECU problem. I think you would need to contact the seller for more details on exactly what the problem is.

Unless you can get the ski for a really, really low price, I think I'd keep looking. There are very few happy stories on this or any other forum from guys that bought broken skis and tried to make them work.

+1
    Yep, good advice from Ernest............you can not repair the ECU.........There is also no specific test to see if it is good or bad, as far as I am aware. The most common issue with a bad ECU is over fueling, usually the ski will run fine with new plugs......but one or more get very badly fouled quickly causing bad running. Also faults can be intermittent, so the only way to diagnose easily is to swap the ECU with a known good one.

+1
    its listed for 1200 canadian which is cheap...they go for 4000-6000 fully running....just came across the add and seeing i like wrenching figured id ask, the part that concerns me is it looks by the pictures its at a boat shop of some sort. So likely needs a ecu at very least

Thread Information