Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTX acceleration

I made first test ride with Sea-Doo 4-tec 2002. I have never driven four stroke jets ski before this. Is this normal that revs go up to limiter when accelerating? Seller says that impeller and wear ring are OK. Top speed with GPS is 82,7km/h. Speedo meter show about 52 and revs about 7500rpm

This is my firs post in this forum. Sorry if this is in wrong place.

Ur right on the money for stock prop r u holding wot or r u there before wot put a 11/19 prop in and pitch for 7300 I have the same ski I've had mine up to 58.2 in cool weather with just prop air filter and gutted stock water box and rear exit exaust ur peak power is at 7300 rpm make sure oil is in the middle between the two bends

+1
    You likely are sucking air causing that cavitation. That's not normal for a stock unit with stock power.

Yeah I get that alittle but only when trying to tow a wakeboarder up out the hole. But mine is fine when I'm not towing. And I think I could do with replacing my wearing. It looks fine but it could be giving me this problem with towing.

I think yours is the one with the plastic jetpump if I'm thinking correctly. I think they twist with full acceleration giving you this cavatation problem. If I was you I'd do more research on the plastic pumps just to make sure as it could be worth changing it fir a aluminium one.

+1
    That's the plastic pump syndrome lol, they all do it. Maybe try stainless wear ring, might stiffen it up some

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Check the driveshaft thru hull boot also

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Yeah I get that alittle but only when trying to tow a wakeboarder up out the hole. But mine is fine when I'm not towing. And I think I could do with replacing my wearing. It looks fine but it could be giving me this problem with towing.

I think yours is the one with the plastic jetpump if I'm thinking correctly. I think they twist with full acceleration giving you this cavatation problem. If I was you I'd do more research on the plastic pumps just to make sure as it could be worth changing it fir a aluminium one.
    I think wear ring is plastic and it should be new. Do you mean that whole pump is plastic and changing to aluminium pump one choice to solve this problem? I think it is quite expencive way. Is there any way to seal this plastic pump?

One choice is shaft seal is broken. How many hours shaft seals normally last?

I'm just got don't fixing something very similar to this. Check your Carbon seal and accordion boot for leakage. It's where the driveshaft goes through the hull. Also pull your pump and check out your wear ring and impeller. Mine happened to be the impeller was shot from picking up rocks or something. I too have the plastic pump housing with nylon or plastic wear ring. I'm in the middle of swapping to an aluminum one I'm building. New parts from the dealer is around 700, probably smarter to wait on used. Those three items should be your main concentration to fix the cavitation. After those check out, possibly look at a new pump seal and pulling pump and nozzle apart and silicon around the edge

Now pump is on the table. There is maximum 0,3mm between impeller and ring. I can feel small "dent" with my finger. Actually I do not know how to check other things. How to check driveshaft seal what goes trough the hull.

I think I'll search aluminium pump. Are Sea-Doo pumps different between different models? I mean how I can be sure that pump is suitable for my ski.

Here are few pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10260...44704614514113

and videos:

Last edited by VAK; 05-14-2015 at 10:43 AM.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Man those bearings sound rough, there's A LOT of clearance between that wear ring. If it were me? i'd post a thread for a newer complete pump.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information