Dipstick popping out and oil everywhere

I've read all the posts here on what might cause this. The TOPS is talked about. I thought that was the mechanical device on the side of the cylinder where the pcv hose is attached too. But I must be wrong because it's not electronic and there are no connectors that go to it. But there should be a click heard when the lanyard is put in. So where's this located then? I put my lanyard in and don't hear a click and my dipstick is blowing out under higher rpm with oil everywhere. And I'm guessing it's related to the click I no longer hear when the lanyard is inserted. Any help is appreciated.

+1

Thanks for the link. That's called the vent valve. I've checked that it's not stuck. There used to be an audible click I heard when I stuck the lanyard in that I don't here anymore and I'm wondering if that has any bearing on the dipstick popping out. There is a great amount of pressure building up. Next step is pressure testing the cylinders.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    Thanks for the link. That's called the vent valve. I've checked that it's not stuck. There used to be an audible click I heard when I stuck the lanyard in that I don't here anymore and I'm wondering if that has any bearing on the dipstick popping out. There is a great amount of pressure building up. Next step is pressure testing the cylinders.
    Sounds like blow by. Rings might be bad.How many hours on your ski and was it previously modded before?

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    Sounds like blow by. Rings might be bad.How many hours on your ski and was it previously modded before?
    Just had the motor rebuilt. I don't have the right fitting for the compression tester to check cylinder compression yet. Today was the trial run and this is what happened. Ski had 266 hours on it before rebuild. Spun a bearing which led to the rebuild.

+1
    blow by, TOPS, or valve guide. You're pressurizing the crankcase with boost.

Found out the problem. 2004 cases were used on a 2007 engine. And the vent hole is missing on the top case. Besides that are there any other differences? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	358427

+1
    hopefully you removed the oil restrictor from the block if you are using the newer head

9. +1 by:

Thread Information