Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

First GPS overlay with my Sony action cam

Two weeks ago or so I was up on the delta. I knew mike h from here was going out with a few others but had no idea exactly what time or exactly where they were launching from due to a auto fill mixup when I gave him my number. So I took off from village west marina and did the 15 miles or so over towards discovery bay and on my way I find them about to take off.

I followed them to the river boat bar and grill and shot some video along the way. It was a calm morning and a nice ride. I am still getting the feel for this thing with the new GP sponsons. Really cuts hard and it happens fast. Only 4 in the group and we were not going that fast. I was loaded with all my tools, extra oil, a 12 pack of bottles 30lbs ice, 2 gallons methanol, full tank...... Heavy!

I am disappointed in the 1hz GPS refresh rate but supposedly the new firmware update takes it to 5hz. It is was shot in 720 x 60fps, vivid color mode, stability on, no case. I used the play memories free software from Sony to edit it. I upscaled it to 1080 at 60fps. Clipped it and my first attempt at a slow motion during a quick 360 when we slowed down a bit.

Good group of guys even if they talk a little smack on my beater MSX I told them to wait until next season. It will not have all the beater extras on it. But for now it's a do it all ski.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Nice job w/ the GPS overlay, "Hill". Boy that MSX was so close to 60 mph, I bet you could taste it !!!

Banned User
    +1
    Im sure he has more than 60 MPH in it. Sounds like a nice running machine. Good work.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks!

Take all that crap off like the 50lb ice chest and take the tools and extra weight out and it does right at 65.

+1
    I need one of them cameras can you give me a link

+1
    There are many different modles and prices. There is a mini version called the az1,the standard as100v like I have, the as200v is the 4k version, and there are many different packages.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...k=Sony+as+100v

+1
    Great job, hill. That's a nice concept of overlaying the track to the vid. Great looking day for riding, too.

PS: If interested, I'm still looking for my first official West Coast PWC trail to add to the site... any takers?

loved the video, all the haters that say ' i don't believe ya went that fast, I want a video of your gps' will have to find something else to bitch about

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Great job, hill. That's a nice concept of overlaying the track to the vid. Great looking day for riding, too.

PS: If interested, I'm still looking for my first official West Coast PWC trail to add to the site... any takers?
    If I knew how to do It I would. Ride at the Delta most every weekend during the summer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post

If I knew how to do It I would. Ride at the Delta most every weekend during the summer.
    If you GPS your rides via a GPS unit or Smart Phone then you likely have a file I can work with. If not... until then... but I do appreciate the thought. It has been extrememly difficult to get any submissions west of central TX. The site has nearly 11,000 miles but that is only the Atlantic Coast and the SE portion of the US. Plenty more water to go...

Again, thanks-

Gator

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information