Low Volume Chirps

Hi

The volume of the chirps when you attache the dess key has suddenly lowered, the sound is allot lower actually, but I can still hear it...

Anybody knows why? is it bad? can I fix this? Im also wondering if this will affect other more important alerts like the loud beep you get form overheating?
    Last edited by G.R.B; 05-11-2015 at 07:12 PM.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Beeper is going out, i have had luck with spraying rust penetrate in the beeper itself

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    great tip..I'll have to give that a try as the OEM buzzer is so expensive, I can't mention the price or I could get banned for it!

it's insane for a 12v buzzer that turns out not even to be fully waterproofed.

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Beeper is going out, i have had luck with spraying rust penetrate in the beeper itself
    Where is the beeper? how do I get to it? is it on the back side of the gouges or on the front behind the trim?
    And what do you mean by "rust penetrate"? please excuse my ignorance, is wd40 good?. Thanks

+1
    Its usually located in the front of the handlebar pad-end between the hood and pad end. There's some holes and it's mounted inside. spray a rust corrosion penetrant in the center hole. probably won't be an instant repair but do this several times over a couple days. Now, The best way is to take it loose and and put 12 constant volts to as you hold it upright ans fill the beeper 1/2 full as it will get louder and louder and Wha-Laa! just did this a week ago to another ski i worked on. Charge 1.0 hr repair

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Its usually located in the front of the handlebar pad-end between the hood and pad end. There's some holes and it's mounted inside. spray a rust corrosion penetrant in the center hole. probably won't be an instant repair but do this several times over a couple days. Now, The best way is to take it loose and and put 12 constant volts to as you hold it upright ans fill the beeper 1/2 full as it will get louder and louder and Wha-Laa! just did this a week ago to another ski i worked on. Charge 1.0 hr repair
    Ill try that! thanks!

Oh and, am I not allowed to say the brand name of the rust penetrant spry? just wondering...

+1
    what i use you cant buy, its aircraft services supplied. Get Rust stuff Not lubricant

Thread Information