Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

opinion on 2005 RXP price

I have a good friend that is selling his 2005 RXP 215. He thought it was a 2007 but we are trying to verify the actual year. Is there a way to tell? The ski is clean but needs some paint work (I can fix that easily) and has 93 hours. The ski has been maintained but needs a blower bearing and washer as well as the 100hr blower rebuild (has a new wear ring). What would be fair price for both of us on this ski? I wasn't necessarily looking but I have always wanted an RXP and it was good timing. We talked about $3,750-$4,000 for it if it was a 2007 but now that we think it is an '05 I feel we should be closer to the $3,000 mark. Any insight or opinions to help us both have peace of mind? Thank you in advance.

re-added since there was a reply to help future searches.
    Last edited by mack verde; 05-12-2015 at 08:24 AM.

+1
    Seems like that would be a good price either way. I don't know the extent of the paint work though. The last two digits of the vin will give you the year. When you say needs the supercharger serviced do you mean it has failed or just needs rebuilt?

Quote Originally Posted by skewba98z28 View Post
    Seems like that would be a good price either way. I don't know the extent of the paint work though. The last two digits of the vin will give you the year. When you say needs the supercharger serviced do you mean it has failed or just needs rebuilt?
    Which price would be good? Closer to the $3,000 mark? The paint is peeling on the decklid area (clear coat). It has not failed but it is at 93 hrs and as far as he knows the ski is bone stock (other than oil changes). I just want to get him the most money and get myself a good deal.

+1
    remember, you are looking at approx. 385 for the rebuild kit with Jerry's (the 4-tech store) labor for the super charger right off the bat (assuming you are good with wrenching on it) The earlier year skis also have a problem with the fly wheel bolts being weak and the valves are prone to breaking. Take that into consideration as well. You will have some work to do on it.

How much are the valves to do? I think I read around $1,000?

+1
    Valves are 379, plus head gasket around 100, plus new bolts so roughly another 100. Then if you can do the work your ok. The 3000 mark is you best bet. If it's 07 you don't need to do the valves: they changed over sometime in late 06. If it's an 07 if will have a digital rpm and speedo guage. If it's 05 it'll have the needles

I am fairly competent when turning a wrench so I could definitely do the work myself. Is there a recommended time frame to do the valves or is it a do it before it fails? The ski does have 90hrs now and it is sounding like it is a 2005.

+1
    The time frame is now, it's not if it's when... It's gonna fail. Don't try and get a summer out of it.. Change them immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    The time frame is now, it's not if it's when... It's gonna fail. Don't try and get a summer out of it.. Change them immediately
    So knowing it needs this stuff what do you guys feel is a good price?

+1
    It's a fair price

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information