2004 GPR1300 mid throttle/running issue

Hey fellas. A little stumped with this GPR. Its an 04 1300R PV motor. The thing starts up fairly effortlessly in or out of the water. Seems to run good on the trailer. However, in the water the ski "cuts out" occasionally. Water conditions dont seem to effect anything. So far here is what I have diagnosed:
    -Compression F120, M120, R110
    -PV motor works as it should
    -Cleaned Fuel Injectors
    -Reeds check ok
    -The front injector had a bad O-Ring around the injector, replaced it, all others inspected and checked ok
    -Fuel Pressure ~47-50 psi
    -Pulled PV covers, all PV are intact and appear ok
    -Pulled the head and inspected all 3 PV as well as piston and cyl, all ok

A few things to add: The ski is threw fault code 65 (exhaust temp sensor) on SBT scan tool. This ski has a D Plate and the chip installed. I ohm'd out the chip to .997k ohms. Not sure if this is correct or not, but I checked a few others I have and they all read roughly the same. Ex temp on scan tool software shows 572 with chip installed, 1112 with chip removed. Also, I attempted to activate the ISC valve with the software and could not hear it move. I know on the Kawi's you can hear the ISC "reset" itself each time the ski is turned off. I am not sure if the Yamaha is supposed to make this same noise, but if it is, it definitely does not. No noise whatsoever when activating ISC. The fuel and plugs are fresh.

Any help or advise is welcomed. Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    What spark plugs?

BR8ES-11

+1
    Can you describe this "cutting out"? Is it one long bog like someone yanked the lanyard, or is it more of a momentary thing that happens with frequency. Any RPM or speed readings? Does it happen all the time or only at WOT? Rough or smooth water?

One long bog, like the lanyard has been pulled. I'd say it last maybe 1-2 seconds, then feather the throttle and its going again. Doesn't seem to happen with any frequency, other than that it does it alot. Its not only at WOT, happens at half throttle as well. Idle is rough, but typically it doesn't bog right off the bottom, although it has a few times. Water conditions have no effect. I ride in only smooth/flat water.

+1
    Possibly a fuel delivery issue. Can you check the fuel pressure somehow as it happens? You can also disconnect the powervalve servo electrically and manually move the valves to see if it still does it. Not sure about the ISC valve. The cat temp sensor is the proper resistance going by your readings. Make sure the battery terminals are tight as well as any ground wires. Can you ride with the scan tool and monitor inputs? Maybe the slant detection switch is activating?

Thread Information