Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: R&D Stage 4

+1

R&D Stage 4

2014 RXPX
    Looking to upgrade my x charger I see r&d has a monster cx15 wheel which they say it pushes 15psi. Now I'm sending my ecu to get flashed to them as well. My question is how the hell does it say I can run that wheel with OEM fuel pump, OEM injectors, just a fuel pressure regulator.....? Ofcourse I have everything else on their List that is required but I just don't understand how can this be true? Also it says I will have my afr between 12 and 12.5 so it's safe because it matches the tuning in the flash they put on the R4... What do you guys think!?!?! Would this be reliable ?

If it was mine I would get a bigger injectors and a ecu that's mapped for them. Will it work ? Probably because you live in Florida but it will need a lot of fuel pressure . Jl performance has reflashs for your ski with injector options if the place your looking at doesn't

+1
    There are a couple of other guys here doing this also and have found out they are running dangerously lean due to stock injectors being at or near 100% duty cycle. Reliable? Hell no. R&D is doing this with a RRFPR using rising rate to compensate for lean AFRs. This has proven time and time again to be a bad idea to manage AFRs with more than 58 psi fuel pressure.

Bottom line, get ID1000 or VT1100 injectors and the tune to match, set the FPR at 58 psi static, problem solved correctly - not half assed. There have been several guys here prove the stock injectors are at or near max DC above 8300 or so.

You need the supporting mods to go above 8350 rpm anyway: injectors, springs-retainers, AFR monitoring, and data logging. Anything less at these higher rpms is just plain dumb.

4. +1 by:

+1
    I'm just scared to use the v tech since I don't know how to tune. I won't be going further than 15 psi so I just want a tune that can support that and be done with it. What do you guys think I should do? Plus heard bad stories about v tech blowing up skis... Thanks for the help!

Vtech didn't blow the skis up people on this fourm decided to run the most aggressive tune without data logging ......

+1
    Thanks for everyone's help and responses, would I be able to run a vtech tune without data logging for an et137+4 wheel or do I have to data log?

+1
    sure you can run with out logging
    just dont cry to us if you motor gets hurt

you must have a logger to tune your vtech maps
    vtech does not unlock the maps with out the logger

+1
    No no I just don't understand this whole tuning thing lol I want to be safe. So I need the map tuner,credit, and purchase logger?

+1
    [email protected] is not even close to "safe" on the junk pump fuel we can get

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneRXT View Post
    Vtech didn't blow the skis up people on this fourm decided to run the most aggressive tune without data logging ......
    That is not exactly the whole story.......people did not know the aggressive tune was 39 degrees of timing, plus no data logging and tuning by fuel pressure, and rpm up to 9000+ (this is what caused VTech to now have rec tunes and race tunes on separate lists). This was tuning the old school way when superchargers produced less than 8 psi, then continued up to the x-charger and beyond w/Siemens ECUs. This trend continued with the Bosch ECU, and we have seen numerous engine problems as a result.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information