Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

BAD NEWS... 05 RXT GPS #'s

i remembered my GPS today finally!! a buddy from SDN (FRED) and I went riding for about 2 and half hours this morning and afternoon. We're both still breaking in the skis, at least supposed to be, hehe. He's got a new leftover 04 SC... i have my 05 RXT

since the 5 hour mark, i been riding pretty hard, going WOT a few times, but nothing prolonged for several minutes. usual cruising has been 40mph or less and up to 6000 rpms. every 20 minutes or so i blast it WOT for a good 5 seconds.

so i did a couple quick 4-5 second WOT GPS bursts with FULL TANK... they weren't very long straight runs at all bc just as i got it up to speed i would hit a wake or always drop my GPS since i was doing this one handed... consistant 66.1 @ 8100 RPMS with water temp saying 64 degrees and air temp saying 65 degrees

then did another with 5 bars of fuel about 2 hours later... ski was running non-stop for 2 and half hours... 5 bars of fuel... say air and water temps... WOT for maybe 150 yards since i was coming up on a tight turn... 8100 RPMS and it held it constant at 67.1 mph

ski now has just a little less than 7 hours on it, and it is 110% bone stock.

so i guess it's not bad news after all, i'm very happy!

+1
    Shibby, those are awsome numbers for a stock RXT. It's not even broken in yet. Give it some time and it will produce even better numbers.

Those are really good for bone stock. Thats about what I'm doing now and I already have the supercharger impeller, K&N air filter kit and the O.P.A.S. removed.
    Got the water box moded and the free flow exhaust done this week but haven't had it in the water yet. My Skat Trac prop came in today also, so will be putting it and the wedge on tomorrow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    Those are really good for bone stock. Thats about what I'm doing now and I already have the supercharger impeller, K&N air filter kit and the O.P.A.S. removed.
    Got the water box moded and the free flow exhaust done this week but haven't had it in the water yet. My Skat Trac prop came in today also, so will be putting it and the wedge on tomorrow.
    prior to the skat setup, was the stock prop in the ski still? if so, i think ur gonna see some seriously impressive numbers with a new prop.

Yes this was with stock prop,I will probably send it off to be repitched. I hope Dave at Impros knows what it needs to be. I have seen quit a bit of info on the RXP prop repitch but not any on what the RXT needs to be. I will probably try the one Riva has also as soon as it comes out. I used a three blade Skat Trac On my GTX SC and it was a couple of miles an hour faster than the 13/21 Repitched to 13/20 concord. But I think to run the three blade some pump mods are required. I'll have to check into this.
    Hope you are right about the prop though, I'll let you know Sat.

+1
    looking forward to hearing your results... jsut be patient! hehe... we know how much of a bitch this whole prop tuning process is. but fingers crossed u get lucky the first time around.

+1
    Hope you don't mind me posting this shibby.

He's got some great pictures of his ski here: http://community.webshots.com/user/shibby1485

You can also find his site by searching for new sea doo mats.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Rocketman,

I had Dave tweak my stock impeller and it came back marked as a 12/18.5. My RXT has the 2.5 wedge, Powerflow air intake and OPAS blocked up. With no gas it hit 69.6 @ 8150 rpm. Because of the consistant 8150 rpm, Dave wants to make it a 12/19.0, and hope for another 1mph.

Just some food for thught!

Jeff

+1
    Those numbers sound great.

Never ask Dave, but how much is a re-pitch if needed?
    Is it cheaper, because it wasn't were it needed to be?

Austin

Shibby, a green/black one would have been faster

J/K great numbers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information