Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

sense and purpose of the vent from the engine compartment cap at suspension Jetski

I will understand things right.
    And I wonder, why the manufacturer build this vent in the compartment cap.
    Is this at non-suspension ski´s the same vent-cap?
    What is the purpose of this?
    The vent canal goes from the cap - very inconvenient and waterproof - to the bottom of the ski...
    where already in the neighborhood the other two vent hoses ends.
    So it is the question:
    Is this compartment-vent-cap for bring air in or out.
    The hot air in the top or from behind are not affected from this third hose-end at the bottom - or not ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vent04.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	358761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vent03.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	358760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vent02.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	358759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vent01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	358758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vent00.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	358757

+1
    this is completely unrelated, but damn that looks like a bitch to work on lol

3. +1 by:

+1
    The iS boats have a lot of plastic in the engine compartment. I can surely understand why they added this venting system to flow air over the engine head.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shore View Post
    The iS boats have a lot of plastic in the engine compartment. I can surely understand why they added this venting system to flow air over the engine head.
    It flow no air over the engine head. The air from the inner layer of the cap goes waterproof to the bottom of the ski. It must be going waterproof to the bottom - because when the ski is capsized the water cannot enter at the engine compartment cap.
    The engine head and headroom have no benefit from this vent - if I see this in the right way...
    Last edited by hkss; 05-13-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Branden, you have no idea how much of a PITA it is. You can dip oil, change filter and plugs by lifting seat THAT's it. You can raise the back of the ski and remove that plastic dome. This leaves you a tiny rear only access space and takes 1/2hr to open and 1/2hr to close if you're familiar with it. When you come to take the full deck off, like in HKSS photo, that is a ball breaker. I know what I'm doing and it still takes me over an hour to remove the top deck (especially as I have lots of between deck mods to deal with). When you come to put it back on, it's a good hour and a half to two hours, when you have to deal with all the small details.

If you 'normal' ski guys blow a hose, you lift the seat (right there you're already 1/2hr ahead of us). You can have it back on and running in a few mins, for us, the day is over.

I love my aS ski for kicking ass in the rough stuff, but man have I swore, lost skin and kicked the god damn pile of shxt more than a few times- would I buy again, yes absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by hkss View Post
    It flow no air over the engine head. The air from the inner layer of the cap goes waterproof to the bottom of the ski. It must be going waterproof to the bottom - because when the ski is capsized the water cannot enter at the engine compartment cap.
    The engine head and headroom have no benefit from this vent - if I see this in the right way...
    I think it's just roll over water protection for the intake. Mine is long gone and my RRFPR lives in the space where the tube used to go down in the hull. I still keep the tank top on of course, that would be suicide for the ski if not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Branden, you have no idea how much of a PITA it is.

You can dip oil, change filter and plugs

would I buy again, yes absolutely!
    I am not shure, how you change the oil filter in a completely stock "as" ski without remove the moving deck.

And yes - I would buy it again too. Rough water - full speed - like uncoupled from the hull,- hovering over the water surface - that is so amazing!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hkss View Post
    I think it's just roll over water protection for the intake. Mine is long gone and my RRFPR lives in the space where the tube used to go down in the hull. I still keep the tank top on of course, that would be suicide for the ski if not.
    Suicide for the ski if not ??
    You mean in case of a capsize sittuation, when the ski is laying capsize in the water?

I am consider a place where to set up a useful ventilation hole.
    The inner layer of the engine-compartment-cap will be very effective.
    But I think this is not possible when keeping in mind the capsized sittuation.

Name:	Airvent.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	358853

Name:	Lastchallengekl.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	358854
    Last edited by hkss; 05-14-2015 at 03:18 AM.

I'd put them on the tank top, where you havi it standing in the photo. Don't use open vents like that one, buy Frogskinz. You can set a few on that slope and no problem with water in. Also warm air will either rise out of them or your K&N right under will draw cool air in. I have two small vents there, not sure how effective they are, but makes me feel good!!

http://www.frogzskin.com/index.php?m...ort=20a&page=5

this is what you need!
    I will also put in two round Riva Frogskins, that I bought years ago!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information