Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1

Yamaha remote entry box

Just a heads up that I was able to order one from Yamaha of Cucomonga (sp?) out of CA. I placed the order back in Feb and was just notified that they got one in and it has shipped. It will be here Monday.
    Anyone desiring one of these hard to get tools should check with them. I initially placed my order on their website.

I paid around $175 shipped for it. Not bad considering my dealer wanted $150 to program a single FOB.

Just an FYI, Candoopro will be selling an aftermarket equivalent that will be cheaper than the factory tool, and available right here in the GH store! We will start shipping these in about three weeks.

Price will be $99.

+1
    DAMNIT!
    I searched for over a year, and finally got lucky enough to get my hands on one, and NOW you have an offering. I have the worst luck these days

Please post a direct link to your goods. I'd like to see what else you have for my Yamaha and Polaris craft.

That's twice now you burst my bubble, first with the FICHT EMM programming. Maybe I need to be working for your company.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I held off buying one of those for the same reason, too expensive seeing(even @ dealer cost) I had only one customer who every lost a fob with the ski locked in the seven years I've been in business here.

The fobs are pretty pricey and not really worth the money they charge seeing that they don't appear to be fully waterproofed. They didn't even use stainless hardware on it.

The Candoo engineers are digital wizards, they see a need and they fill it. Pretty refreshing to see ingenuity is still part of the American workforce.

Luckily, the Chinese copy-cats haven't figured out how to do any of this yet. They spent the last 5 years trying to figure out the Polaris cdi.

As these skis age out some more, there will be some of these jobs coming up, so I'm down for one once a fob-job lands in the shop

+1
    I was actually planning on cutting one open to see how it's used. It looks like a simple relay from the outside (from the pics/videos I've seen) but I'm sure there is some logic to it, or at least some pulsed voltage.

Not really worth doing now.

Here is a photo of the first production samples of our Remote Entry Tool. For customers outside the US, please be advised that Yamaha makes two different versions of the immobilizer system, a USA/Canada/Japan variant, and a European/ROW variant. Our tool will work for both variants, but when you purchase the new remotes to program to your ski, you need to know for sure which system is on your ski. This is really important for customers in countries with gray market skis coming from all over the world. If you have an old remote, you simply look at the back of the remote. The US/Canada version has an FCC and ICC numbers laser engraved on the back. The European version has a CE number laser engraved on the back. If you don't have an old remote, the most definitive way to know is to look at the part number on the immobilizer box. The US/Canada variant has the part number 6B6-00 molded into it, just under the lip of the rubber cover towards the top. The European variant has 6B6-10 molded into it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remote entry tool.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	358903

+1
    I need one also for our shop so let me know.

Hello.

If i change both the key and the receiver on my european wawerunner is it possible to buy USA products instead.
    Its not so expensive.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Forsell View Post
    Hello.

If i change both the key and the receiver on my european wawerunner is it possible to buy USA products instead.
    Its not so expensive.
    You might run into an import problem as the USA version may lack radio approval for your market

Might try to order the euro model from a us dealer to save a few bucks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information