2015 RIDE equipped FX Cruisers - Do the 2012-1014 Yamaha covers fit ??

Can't seem to find a part number on Yamaha site, RIDE handlebars are supposedly wider by an inch -vs- 2012 through 2014 models.

Anybody using an OEM cover on a 2015 ??

Update - Dealer said old covers won't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by iamjcl View Post
    How did the dealer confirm this? We just picked up a new '15 FXC SHO (traded in a '12 SHO) and bought a new cover. At first, I couldn't find a '15 part number for the cover, but the parts guy found a catalog that listed the same part # for the '12-'14 as the '15. We haven't test fitted it yet, as this was two days ago, but I will report back once we try it out.

Don't see why not. It's the same identical ski and the ride controls on the left side only wont come in the way.

Long Island, NY
    of course they did. if they said otherwise they wouldnt have been able to sell you a cover.

Update: Test fitted the new cover, and outside of being a little tight around the handlebars, it fit perfect. I'm thinking the tightness around the handlebars might just be because it's a new cover, but it certainly isn't so tight that I worry about ripping it. I'd say the dealer may be guessing on this one.

Thanks for the info. I needed the covers anyway since I sold old ones with old skis so it isn't a case of dealer trying to sell me something. I suspected they might fit. They are supposed to come in tomorrow so if there is a unique part number I'll post it.

Got the new covers - same part number, but tag now says 12-15 and also specifically says SVHO. As TN_3 mentions, seems a little tight at handlebars but its ok.

I was buying new covers anyway so dealer didn't "sell me something I didn't need" - just didn't want to assume old ones fit (same price either way).

Yep they are a little tight but I think also that its because its new. How much did they get you for the cover?

Thread Information