Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spark Dock

+1

Spark Dock

A few people were asking about docks for the spark, this look interesting, its $420. I do not know what they have underneath the mat, some kind of a frame probably. I plan to email them and ask. it looks like it rolls up easy. this is something I would use to keep the skis out on the lake for the weekend rather pulling them out each day, long term of leaving them on there I cant image would be good. just thought Id share

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	float.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	358874
    http://www.ifloats.com/Default.asp

+1
    I do not think there's any frame since on their website it states that it just simply rolls up. It's just some really super buoyant, stiff material. Pretty cool. From looking at the other pictures on their site you can see there's no frame or anything.

"iFloat calculator says that about every 18 foot x 6 foot will support 1,440 lbs"

Damn. lol

+1
    There is nothing under it. About every large boat in The Lake of the Ozarks has one of those to party on. You can stand on them, and I am sure a spark can rest on it, but the pump and bottom of the hull will still be in the water. It is a good idea for the weekend as long as you can store it somewhere. They are pretty big even when rolled up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1 View Post
    They are pretty big even when rolled up.
    Yeah they look quite big when rolled up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a54ad5_5de13edd45f141d48914a056fa053996.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	358886

+1
    the sparks are not in the water and the mat look stretched and its anchored on both ends. by frame I mean more of there more there than just a floating mat

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dolson View Post
    the sparks are not in the water and the mat look stretched and its anchored on both ends. by frame I mean more of there more there than just a floating mat
    I don't think so...looks like just the mat tied off with the Sparks sitting on it. If there was some sort of frame system I'm sure it would be advertised and sold on their site as well.

+1
    we've been looking at what to do when we get the Spark for a while - we have a great spot on the river and currently have a boat we just tie to a tree stump, and were thinking 'man we gotta get a dock somehow so we can tie off the boat on 1 side and the spark on the other'

this looks like the perfect solution!

+1
    its basically just a big ole yoga mat aka sleeping pad. They are also advertised here is various sizes ..for 'play' use.
    http://www.overtons.com/search/mat

if your tunnel is still in the water/wet, then there really isnt any benefit to this..other than to say maybe keeping your ski afloat if it had a leak.
    I guess if you had a lake with a rocky beach & wanted to park it on the beach, this might serve a purpose.

+1
    well the iFloat isn't available here, and I tried going to a rubber & foam shop and ordering something but none of them sold me anything big enough for what I want.
    So I'm about to order this:
    http://www.nauticallifeandleisure.co...ily-bull-frog/

Why you say? well I need to dock a speedboat on 1 side and a jetski on the other side.
    I'm going to tie one end to the shore, anchor the other end, and tie the watercraft each left and right so they don't bump each other.
    Yes it's expensive but we can't have anything permanent at our block on the river so this is perfect.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
    well the iFloat isn't available here, and I tried going to a rubber & foam shop and ordering something but none of them sold me anything big enough for what I want.
    So I'm about to order this:
    http://www.nauticallifeandleisure.co...ily-bull-frog/

Why you say? well I need to dock a speedboat on 1 side and a jetski on the other side.
    I'm going to tie one end to the shore, anchor the other end, and tie the watercraft each left and right so they don't bump each other.
    Yes it's expensive but we can't have anything permanent at our block on the river so this is perfect.
    Wow, I get nervous with even moderate winds mooring my PWC in 2ft of water on a fixed anchor post, with 4 ft of heavy chain and a shock cord attached to the bow eye. Couldn't imagine trusting what you're planning to do with a boat and a PWC. Even if you aren't on big water, the wake from boat traffic on a river can be just as bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information